• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application on a same machine.

How to solve this problem?

Windows 7 Professional.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Hi irish sunshine,

Please try to update CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and let us know if still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Please ensure you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

We also have this solution for the having to sign in on every product launch

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

If you're continuing to have issues please post back

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 188 Replies 188
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ganbaa.Gansukh,

Please just place the original opm.db file on the desktop

1. Exit Creative Cloud app.
  2. On Windows remove the opm.db file located here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  3. On Mac remove the opm.db file located here: <user>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE
  4. Restart Creative Cloud Connection and sign in.

Thanks,

sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is totally useless.  I have the same problem  I can't stay logged in.  This started about 3 weeks ago after one of the updates. Now I not only have to log in, but "accept" the license on every single program I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi irish sunshine,

Please try to update CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and let us know if still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time there is an update, I always hope this annoyance go away. But it

doesn't make any difference.

This has been like this since few weeks ago, and I'm posting this to get

some solution for this after having lot of frustration with logins and

acceptance of the license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ganbaa.Gansukh,

Just for the testing purpose I would request you to enable hidden admin in Windows and check if you get the same prompt there. Do you have any previous version Adobe installed on your machine.

Hidden Admin: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist... .

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Romsinha       

I did this, and signed back into the cloud. Hopefully it will resolve the issue. It's very annoying to constantly be asked for credentials.

But i have to laugh at the drama babies that are 'i'm not keeping this, or i'm downgrading for a stable environment' when this is a minor annoyance, and has absolutely nothing to do with the stability of the software, or the actual operating environment.

it's almost funny how dramatic people get. I wonder how many of them even actually paid for the subscription and aren't on the demo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fastnoc

I think that your so called "drama babies" are regular users who are experiencing not one but a myriad of issues with CC and Adobe products in general since the move was made years ago to not only package multiple products but also release them on a highly-accelerated schedule.  I feel the most sorry for the development teams at Adobe, as well as the customer support teams who have to keep up with the ridiculous pace that management pushes products out at.  I've never had so many headaches that caused such a loss in productivity since the Creative Cloud (our office uses almost all of the tools in the suite), and I can't imagine that I'm alone.

I've been running into this login issue for weeks and it breaks dynamic link whenever I'm exporting or importing a project.  I've tried the solution above, and now I need to sit and wait to see if it fixes it (for me, the issue only arises after Adobe updates any component in the CC suite).  Several updates have come out since the issue was first noticed, and frankly it's a bit unnerving to think about licensing issues or sign-in issues with the software.  This obviously isn't the case, but it's just an ongoing degradation of their reputation as a solid platform for multimedia production.  People are upset because they can remember a time when stupid little issues like this didn't exist, and the software just worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or it could be patially related to typical pains when a company makes an enormous transition like this. Ironcially, just as i said in my post, my issue resolved the next day.

Listen, I undertstand the concern and certainly the frustration. I spend nothing short of 14 hours per day with Adobe apps open. primarily After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. I know the hassle and I know the frustration of constantly having to sign back in, which i did for a bit too. But it's just a little melodramatic when people make idle threats they aren't going to follow through with anyway, about using a product that does what this does, and is such an enormous productivity tool that people say silly things. that's what I'm referring to. If you're going to choose an entire platform different than Adobe becuase theyr'e having issues on a brand new method of service and delivery you're an idiot anyway. Wouldn't you agree that the statements of ' i don't have time to test something' are a litle ridiculous? name any product, or purchase in any part of your life that has never failed at anything? and then saying thigns like it's suddenly an unstable environment, when the problem they're complaining about (and the complaint of course it legitimate) has absolutely nothing to do with the stability of the product?

it's the overblown, silly statements that make people look foolish, do nothing to help the issue, and offer nothing that crack me up. When I read someone saying things like that i pretty much ignore anything else they say because reason isn't something they are using at that point anyway.

See what you said? that has nothing to do with anyone I'm talking about. You made a valid point, didn't make silly comments like what I'm referring to. you said something I don't agree with, but you dind't go overboard and get all dramatic about it. I don't agree that it's an ongoing degredation of their rep. there is nobody even remotely close a valid competitor out there for this in the first place (depending on what software yoiu're referring to, but since we're in the CC forum i assume that's what you mean). The fact is, their reputation is so strong, no other software company can even compete. But even so I still see progress and innovation. Intel had a cushion with no competitor at one point, then AMD came in, and if you notice, within a couple years of AMD getting very popular, Intel started releasing their upgraded technology in less than a third of the time. But I don't think I see that laziness from Adobe. I don't honestly know that the reason is they moved to a subscription based environment but I know that almost all big software companies are at leasdt considering it. heck Microsoft was talking about changing their licensing and doing it the same way. And it's not for greed I'd guess, it's to comabt theft. At least that's my guess, i have no idea, but i don't believethat it's done and they would change their entire business model for a reason lefss important.

While we're on that topic I'd like to point out i bet this new process makes an enormous dent in the piracy, at least short term, so for me I applaud it. because when so many people steal the software, it means people like me, and i assume you, pay much higher prices for our legit licenses. So anything that can be done to thwart that has my full approval. But it also just happens to have some nice benefits, in that the pricing is pretty ridiculously low IMO for the entire suite of apps for 50 bucks per month. let' be honest, anyone using them for business which is primarily what this softwre is geared to, understands that while it might seem high, it's tiny compared to the montly cost of doing business, to keep an up to date, suite full of apps that would cost thousands were it not for the subscription. I'll admit, I bought the full suite on the montly just because it made sense. And it actually paid off. Recently I had a client that desperately needed ihs forms migrated to interactive. they were word docs, excel and plain pdfs, but because I happen to have a license for Acrobat, i was able to import those into pdf files and convert them to interactive forms. Then recommend he use the online service to manage them, and frankly it paid for 6 months of licensing for 10 hours work. were it not for the subscription based licensing i'd not have even been able to offer the service because I wouldn't have paid for acrobat.

Complaining about a piece of software you buy that doesn't work in an area, regardless of where it is, makes perfect sense. But the statements I'm referring to equate to someone buying a house, finding out the key doesn't work, or the doorknob is broke, throwing their hands up and saying 'i'm finding anohter house'. it's silly, and everyone knows there's no merit to it. But i get frustrated seeing it over and over, frewquently by people that hven't even paid for the software. Sometimes I post thing I shouldn't but hey, don't we all?

I like to browse these forums becuse I'd say i've learned as much of my knowledge by reading tricks, tips and resolutions posted in forums as I did through my classes and education. That's possibly an overstatement but not by much. I do get just as frustrated at the people constantly trying to belitte the company as they do with their issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who are working and need these applications -- especially independents like me can't afford to be constantly shut down by these problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think thats the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe answer only what they want to answer. They fix only what they want to fix. The only constant in Adobe life is that pin-point, never failing debit going out of your account every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Once upon a time theres was a happy livly company called Macromedia that was fun fun fun and liked to sing and dance. the rest of this story has been sensored by the new World Order Corporate Thought Police.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is due to SOMETHING that you all broke after an update a few weeks ago.  We are not the only ones having this issue and I have tried every suggestion made. 

At this point I doubt that I will renew my subscription when it comes up.  I will downgrade to a previous version to get to a stable environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Romit,

I don't have time to do test out different admin stuff, what's the point to

pay subscription and waste my time and effort that something ADOBE

DEVELOPER has to take care of the issues they are providing in the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've a similar issue.

I'm testing Photoshop CC, that application does not ask for my login.

But the Create Cloud tool itself, always forget my credentials. It's a little bit annoying.

I'm using Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ganbaa.Gansukh,

are you serious? lol jeeze. you don't have time to troubleshoot something that takes a few seconds........

wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem with multiple workstations inside of my organization. A simple frustration like this involves people inside of IT walking to a users desk, writing emails up the chain, and then ultimately slowing down fixes on more important issues in relation to maintenance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree I have just about had it with this nonsense. every time i log off my computer I have to reinstall everything. I am not doing that every day. I will be glad to tell all my clients this is not a good product to invest in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem and it is driving me crazy!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumit,

I've followed the above steps with respect to the opm.db file, I've enabled the hidden admin account, and I've made sure that all CC updates are applied.  No previous versions of Adobe are running on my machine (specs below) and the problem still persists.  It breaks dynamic link whenever I need to agree to the ToS or sign-in again, which happens several times a week.

Windows 7 x64, SP1

Intel Core i7-3930k, 32gb ram, Quadro 4000

Please advise on further steps I can take to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

-Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a clean install system, running Windows 8.1.

I am asked to login every single time. I am always logged off from the creative cloud, so I have to log in every time I want to use any of the apps, especially if using fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked like a charm on Windows 7 Pro with Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue.  Every 2 or 3 days I get asked to sign in.  Sometimes it is Creative Cloud asking me this, sometimes it is Photoshop CC and sometimes it is Acrobat. 

Creative Cloud is on in my taskbar and I am signed in.  The next day when I boot up, it will be there still (I have it set to start at login) and I will still be signed in.  But then the 3rd day when I boot up, Creative Cloud started and is in the taskbar; but, I am no longer signed in.  If I do not see this and I start Photoshop or Acrobat, I then get asked to sign in from there.

This does get annoying; especially when I am paying for this service.  We should not accept poor service; too many people do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this?

Please just place the original opm.db file on the desktop

1. Exit Creative Cloud app.
  2. On Windows remove the opm.db file located here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
  3. On Mac remove the opm.db file located here: <user>\Library\Application Support\Adobe\OOBE
  4. Restart Creative Cloud Connection and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines