• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture Animation not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit frustrated at the moment. Captivate doesn't seem to like the program that I'm trying to create demonstrations for. When I do a drag and drop, it automatically does a captured animation (full motion capture). But when I watch it back, the entire rest of the screen disappears except for the mouse and the menu items it appears over. I have tried adding the program as a background, but it doesn't show up behind the animation. Basically, the whole screen goes white and then you see the mouse move and a few menu items appear. Then, when that's done, the rest of the program comes back. I'm finding this very frustrating, because I think Captivate is a really good product.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007
I figured it out. If you've ever had this happen, what you need to do is downsize your recording area. Captivate simply couldn't handle the complicated drag and drop motion capture while trying to capture the whole screen. This then involves "grafting" the animation back onto the slide you wanted it on originally. But at least it works. Fiddling with the transparency helps, too.

I also have a very high resolution screen, and I wonder if that contributed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Captivate User Community, KimuraCarter. It sounds like something is interrupting the proper execution of your full-motion feature. If you can do it without ruining everything, turn off the "automatic" full motion capture by going to ...
Edit > Preferences > Recording > Full Motion
... and de-select all full motion options. You can still use full motion, as it remains available manually ... the default is to press F9 to begin, and F10 to end full motion capture during recording.

So long fur now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. If you've ever had this happen, what you need to do is downsize your recording area. Captivate simply couldn't handle the complicated drag and drop motion capture while trying to capture the whole screen. This then involves "grafting" the animation back onto the slide you wanted it on originally. But at least it works. Fiddling with the transparency helps, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: KimuraCarter

It does yes. A good rule of thumb is to do your work at 1024x768 max resolution, and use the snap to fit in custom recording size to accomplish it. Trial and error have shown me that anything over this is difficult to distribute due to size and, in the case of full motion video, it clips badly on complicated screen motion.

One thing you can do to improve performance, however, if you have a 3rd part video card (NVIDIA or ATI perferably), you can load either their forceware or catalyst (or just standard drivers in the case of matrox, quantum, or 3dlabs), and the card has presets for things like single and dual monitor performance, and other application overrides that can relieve some serious strain on your CPU.

Note: this is only likely to help windows users, as OS X still doesn't allow for third party driver integration : \

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources