• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Error: File is Damaged. (33 : : 7)

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC kept crashing while trying to work on a project (this happens w/o having AE open so I wasn't surprised), so I disabled all of my services and reset the BIOS settings to default. Right after this I tried opening AE and got this message "After Effects Error: Adobe After Effects Prefs is not valid. The file will be renamed with ".old", and a new preferences file will be created." as well as bunch of other similar ones. All of my preferences were set to default and the project I was working on seems to be corrupt, getting the message in the title of this post and then "After Effects Warning:Unable to Read Project Color Settings." I've tried recovering the project file using a file recovery software but I get a message saying "Unable to import file (bad format or not readable). I've pretty much given up on trying to recover the project, but I'm wondering what might have cause all of this to happen.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any useful info like exact system specs or version of AE, so no offense, how do you expect us to even guess?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium‌

I figured this issue might have popped up for different people already and might have been linked to something in particular.

I'm using AE CC v.13.2.0.49

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 2600

RAM: G.skill 16gb / Kingston 8gb

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77

GPU: GTX 670

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 250gb; Seaegate 700gb;

Let me know if anything is missing/needs to be added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I just got the same error.  i had been getting crashes over and over on a high end Windows system, I think my project was too big.  I also got the exceeding cache warnings, my cache is a dedicated 500 GB SSD.   I emptied cache and that helped, but the computer failed to shut down yet the screens went dark. I had to pull the power. When I restarted and tried to open the file  the 33::7 error was there.  My last auto save seems fine.  I wonder if there is a maximum file size.  I was doing a lot with native 3D, many layers and a camera. 

I have been bringing in images as PSD files and they are huge.  Perhaps as PNGS and not so big in pixels, I tend to bring in stills full size from a 41MB camera, , although I can't imagine how anyone will do anything in 4K without very very very powerful computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got exactly the same problem, do you have a way to recover the corrupted file ? No autosave btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been doing incremental saves? (You should start, if you haven't already - AE has a built-in Increment and Save feature).

If you do have incremental saves, do they work?

Is your auto-save turned on? (It should be, if it's not already.)

If so, do the auto-saves work?

Can you import your project into a brand new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only just heard about incremental saving, I'll start using it now.

I had my auto save interval set to 20 minutes (set it down to 5 now) but I usually manually save at least every minute.

I can import the project into a brand new, or some other project but literally none of the files work, including compositions and solids built in AE.

Again, I'm not looking to recover the file, I've already recreated what I had. I was just wondering if anyone might know the reason why this happened and how to avoid it, aside from saving the project in increments.

Thank you.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the same error. AE 13.7.0.124 Windows 10. I was RAM previewing my 1080p comp (not a particularly heavy comp) in full screen when my PC went bluescreen.

My project file is 12MB, so not sure if the filesize of the project matters.

So far importing the damaged AE project file into an empty project and purging all memory & disk cache seems to get me back in business.

Except for all my AE settings which I'll have to recreate manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advertisement project is gone AE giving me the same error
I have

Intel Xeon e3

16 gb ram
128 gb ssd + 1tb hdd

Nvidia geforce 960

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import that project into a brand new project?

Do any of your autosaves open?

Have you been doing incremental saves? If so, do any of them open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines