• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts, Shapes and Click to display more info

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all -- This looks like a great forum. Much more active than the Adobe Connect one! Just started with Cap 3. Initial questions/problems I'm sure someone can help me with:

- I have a graphic with four "areas" on it.I want the user to click on a cell which will then: a) bring up more information, either in text or audio and b) dim the other cells. I'd like this to happen with all 4 cells. Do I set up hotspots? A quiz question? How do I use the timeline to trigger the more info upon clicking the cell? They don't have to click all four -- just those they want more info about.

- How can I get change the default font face and size? Right now I'm copying the text box I want from slide to slide and changing the text. Everything seems to default back to GillSans.

- Is there a way to draw basic shapes - rectangles, circles, etc., or do I have to copy/import them from other programs?

I don't want to be greedy, so that's it for now. I promise to help others out once I master this!

Thanks!
Lisa S.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa S and welcome to our community

Basically I would set it up as multiple slides. On the first slide, have four click box objects. One on each corner. Click a click box and it jumps to a different slide with all shaded except the one you clicked. Then perhaps a button that links back to the original unshaded image.

Basically, you may "draw" rectangles using Highlight Boxes. Or, you could draw other shapes using something like Microsoft Paint or Fireworks, then import them into your project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Lisa

See if the following link is close to what you want. If so, let me know and I'll be happy to upload the source .CP file for you to look at.

Click here

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's EXACTLY what I want to do, Rick. I'd appreciate the .CP file. I can't thank you enough!

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there Lisa

Sure thing. Happy to help!

Click here to download the file

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources