Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to minimize without crashing?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Adobe!

Is there a way I can minimize the program window without having the program crash? Or is that just too much to ask? I believe you call it Adobe Digital Editions, version 4.0.3. Build 110333... ish? It totally sucks! Let me tell ya! I had no problems with ADE previously (with previous version), until I updated. I'm not sure what version I was on, but I am pretty sure it was major version 4. But ADE kept nagging about this great new... pesky version... that's supposedly so grand and amazing... so I took the bait yesterday and followed through with it and udpated. My experience with ADE has never been the same since! Yeah... it's that good. Not!

Let me tell ya! If it ain't broken... don't fix it! That's the rule I normally tend to live my life by. I broke that rule yesterday, and now I'm suffering consequences. I was getting tired of the nagging about it. Apparently there is no way to turn auto update, or update check off. Why not? Seriously? That should be up to me as a user. Is it that bad to run an outdated version of ADE that update checks and installs must be enforced upon us?

So if I start ADE, it starts OK and it stays that way. I can read books, create bookshelves, and even miximize the program window (wow! what a luxery!). But as soon as I click the program button on the taskbar to minimize, or otherwize minimize the window (e.g. Win+M or Win+D) it minimizes and subsequently crashes. I get the message saying that the program stopped working. Nice one!

2015-02-27-221724.png

I have done all the hops and I have not been able to resolve this. I have uninstalled (completely), rebooted, reinstalled, yet the problem remains. What's worse is that Adobe has no way for users to report bugs with Adobe software. There is this Feature Request / Bug Report web form that's supposedly a way for us to communicate major flaws in Adobe software with the appropriate team members. It says in the description that all feature requests and bug reports are read, but they are not replied to. So you might as well be talking to a wall, when you don't even get a "Roger that!" or "Affirmative!" response. I would expect these forums to be more engaging and effective than that web form. What's even worse is that there is no option to report bugs relating to ADE! Is that because Digital Editions is free software and under-prioritized?

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro, x64.

Update:

Apparently, I cannot post a reply on my own thread.

"Your content could not be saved due to an error. You may have been logged out. If this problem persists please contact your system administrator. Click here to refresh this page."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey did you ever find an answer to this?  I have seen a lot of people with this problem and no answers.  Has there been an official response from Adobe?  I have several hundred computers with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.117585

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Some of the crashes have been fixed in this release.

Thanks for being the part of product improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the bug !

It will be fixed in future releases.

Thanks for being the part of product improvement program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.117585

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Some of the crashes have been fixed in this release.

Thanks for being the part of product improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines