Exit

Broken Lines and resizing projects

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. Whenever I publish a project for a proprietary application that I use the borders around tables have breaks in them. This does not happen on every slide. The same screen may be captured on 5 slides, but 2 will have broken lines around the tables. Has anyone had this same issue, and/or can you offer any advice?

2. When downsize a project from 1024x768 to 800x600, text boxes will get smaller, but the text stays the same, so all text boxes would have to be adjusted. I tried changing the "Rescale captions, highlight boxes, and other objects" in the resize project dialog box, but this only increases the size of the text boxes making them too large. I hope I don't have to modify every text box after resizing. Any suggestions?

I am using Captivate 3.

Thanks,

K D J
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For random artifacts and broken lines that you mention, try right clicking on the slide and changing the slide properties to JPEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi K D J and welcome to our community

Are you seeing the broken lines immediately after recording or are they only appearing AFTER you rescale your project? If you are only seeing them occur after you change the size of the project, it's probably the resizing that is nailing you. Not sure of any way around that other than to ask if it's possible to resize what you are recording so that resizing isn't needed. I'm guessing that may not be the case.

As for adjusting the captions, all Captivate will do is to adjust the size of them. It does not alter the font at all. Some folks expect that if you take a Caption with a 16 point font and scale the project smaller, the font may change from perhaps 16 points to 12 points as a result. Nope, doesn't work that way. Only the dimensions of the caption will change. Additionally, there is a limit to how small any given caption may be. This is determined by the bitmap image used for the caption background.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Workbench, changing to JPEG did the trick.

Thanks for the info Captiv8r, I will try to my projects at their original size.

Thank you both very much for the info, my presentation is much improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources