• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Firefox 38.0.1 Flashplayer 17 - Installation fails. I've tried all methods of install I'm able to find including a clean install and everything fails. Tried through Safari with same result. Any help is greatly appreciated

New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Firefox 38.0.1 Flashplayer 17 - Installation fails.  I've tried all methods of install I'm able to find including a clean install and everything fails.  Tried through Safari with same result.  Any help is greatly appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Click on the following Adobe link. Go to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done numerous times (and just did again) following instructions exactly as written and installation continues to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post back on Monday when the Adobe staff are here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do.  thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have been through the uninstall and install protocol ... will follow Craigm69609251's advice and post Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever receive a response to this?  I re-posted and still have yet to hear anything.

Thank you,

-CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never got a response from Adobe that I know of. I kept searching with Google to some other sites and eventually found one (but don’t ask me now to remember what it was!) and did finally successfully download Flashplayer. I think it was a site with Answers in its name. Or something similar. Unfortunately my Safari history was set to save only the past 48 hours (changed that) and so I can’t go resort to my history to find that site again.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha. I'll check keep checking Google and hopefully find. Thanks for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigm69609251 and joec77873892,

What does 'installation fails' mean?  Is there an error?  There was a new version of Flash Player released yesterday.  It's possible you have an older version of the online installer which may be causing this.  Please do the following:

• Delete any previously downloaded installer files (offline and online)
  • Clear brwoser cache
  • Download the installer file again from get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  • Launch the installer and proceed with installation
  • If installation fails, take a screenshot of the installer dialog window, with the error, and post it in your reply.  See How to post a screenshot in the forum

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive the below message (after which I’ve clicked “Finish” and then followed directions on site to do a “clean install”).

Please advise thank you,

-CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I receive the below (after which I’ve clicked “Finish” and then followed directions on site to do a “clean install”).

Please advise thank you,

-CM

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 1.56.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigm69609251,

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  To investigate further, I'll need to get some log files from you.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?‌  and provide the install.log file (only the pertinent section as instructed) and the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file.  Instructions for uploading the files is listed at the bottom of the FAQ.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Can you please confirm that you received the logs as zipfile via email?

Please advise and thank you,

-CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigm69609251,

Replying to forums posts simply posts the reply in the forums and the forums do not accept attachments.  A link to the instructions to upload the files (How to share a document) is included at the bottom of the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?‌.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your guidance.  Please see link below and advise:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/23bf9920-a0b8-4569-bf8e-3f8bf4e3cdcb

-CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Maria,

Can you please confirm that the link I provided you with worked/provided you the information needed?

Thank you,

-CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigm69609251,

Yes.  I received the file and we are investigating.  Sorry for not replying yesterday.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigm69609251,

This issue with the online installer is still being investigated.  In the mean time, please try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Please note that I've also tried the offline installer multiple times and it fails as well.

Thank you,

-CM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigm69609251,

Thanks for the update.  Are the logs files you provided previously from the online installer or the offline installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online installer. Should I do the same for the offline?

Please advise and thank you,

-CM

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigm69609251,

Yes, please try the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section.  Please follow the steps in the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ to capture the log contents of the install.log file before running the installer.  When installation stops, upload the pertinent portion of the install.log file and the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file using the instructions here How to share a document.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi craigm69609251,

Are you able to install flash player ? If not, can you please provide the following log files

Enable verbose logging as this will help in getting more information in logs.

File #3 (Adobe_ADM.log) and File #4 (Adobe_GDE.log) from Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?

Thanks,

Eswar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines