• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Folder in Project Manger not displaying Images

Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much on this in RoboHelp's help.
The Image Folder in my Project Manger is empty, even though I have at least 100 images. I just realized that as I was adding images they should have been displaying in the Project Manager's Image Folder (if I interpret it correctly). It has reproduced the file folder structure of my HTML folder. There is no actual Image folder on my drive. Is this supposed be similar in concept to the Library feature in other Adobe products? How do I get images into the folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2007 Dec 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the Used and Unused Files Reports. That will tell you where they are.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 19, 2007 Dec 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there hardlyworking

Hopefully my fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter won't mind my also offering up a link that may help to explain things.

Click here to read an article that attempts to explain this behavior.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding images to topics using the "Insert Image" command. My images are not listed in the Images folder in the Project Manager.
I have not "lost" the images. They are all stored in the project folder.
I have followed the RoboHelp instructions on adding images to a topic.

Any speculation on what problems this will cause in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do those reports tell you please?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reports are fine. All the image files are fine. My project generates correctly. I'm questioning the purpose of the Image folder in the Project Manager. I thought it was to display a list of image files in my project to make it easy to reuse them. Yet none of the image files that I have used in my project are displaying in the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the used files report is telling you that the images in your topic are in the images folder (which as per Rick's link is not truly a folder) but when you look there in Project Manager, you cannot see them. Am I understanding you right?

Via my site, can you send me a screenshot of the images folder, showing any subfolders it might have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the whole folder is gone and the few (early tests that somehow worked) images that were in there are directly under the Project Folder.
I appreciate your help but other things are happening at work and I can't pursue this at the moment. It doesn't seem to be affecting my work other than making it more difficult to reuse images.

I wonder if it has to do with the limitations on the number of characters in a file name path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hardlyworking

If this is RoboHelp 7, it's possible that you simply toggled the view. Take a look at this link and see if it helps. It's about bringing Baggage Files back into view, but Images would apply here too.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the words of that immortal philosopher "DOH!"
Unfortunately this doesn't solve the original problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post back when you are ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7 did away with the images pseudo-folder in Project Manager.

The Insert image function puts an image into the topic and files it at the project level. So you see the images list at that level.

If you want an images folder, you could create one in the project manager and move images into it as you would move topics into a folder off the top level.

RH will adjust links in topics to find the pictures in their new folder, the same way it would adjust links if you start organizing topics into subfolders.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 7 and the images pseudo-folder is there. My image files don't show up in either view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still have the traditional view if you choose it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we take stock here?

You have produced an unused images report and there is nothing that is unused correct?

Go to your topics and locate an image that is in the topic but that you cannot locate under the image folder. Double click the image and you will be able to find where it is located. Post back with the path.

Also run the Images Report. Does that show the images that are in the root of the project?

If necessary I can remote to your machine via an Adobe provided link to see what is going on. There will be a chat panel or you can phone me (UK based). Before I can do anything on your PC, I have to request control and you can suspend that instantly at any time. We can do that next week if we cannot resolve this any other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2008 Apr 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may come a bit late, but I also experienced (and solved) this problem - I imported a Word document, and while all of the images in the doc appeared in all topics and reports correctly, they didn't appear under "Images" in the Project Manager.

The problem for me was that, while all of the document images were imported into a new folder called "[document_title]_files", an equivalent folder wasn't created in Project Manager. I right-clicked on Images and chose New > Folder, then created a new folder with the name "[document_title]_files" and all of my image files magically appeared under it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Image folder in your project list is actually a database table...I believe:) The Image List table in the CPD file assigns each image a key, which is used to relate each image to a topic location (folder). Each image also has a FolderID assigned. This ID, I beleive, is used to assign it to the Images table, which appears as a folder in your project list. If an image isn't on that list, it isn't in the database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same type of problem. See http://forums.adobe.com/post!reply.jspa?thread=133568 for the new thread I just created. I believe I have done most of the checks that Peter suggests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the link seems to be replying to this thread. Can you repost your new thread URL? Include the topic subject line too, so we can search for it if it goes pear-shaped again.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the solution is to rename the images folder and all the files reappear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not a workable solution when you have to do it every day for a very large source-controlled project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, it's happened to me once in 3 years and is resolved now. Do you

have a link to report a bug? The contact

page I looked at was not very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After trawling through the website I managed to find the teeny-weeny link on the Robohelp Support page. (Normally Rick has a signature that includes it. )

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp