• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExporterQuicktimehost.prm - Loading Hangup

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched high and low on the internet, through Adobe's help system (which is not even remotely helpful), and waited for literally HOURS on hold with "tech support", (which again, is not even remotely supporting), for this issue with the start up of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.

I was having absolutely no problems with this whatsoever until out of nowhere, it stopped loading properly.  It takes at least five minutes to load and I have the same problem with After Effects --- in Premiere, it freezes at "'loading exporterquicktimehost.prm" and in After Effects it freezes at "Initializing MediaCore".

I have seen hundreds of posts all over the internet from many others who have had this issue --- I have tried restarting, I have tried turning off my firewall, and everything else I know to do but STILL this issue has not even been remotely addressed.

Can someone kindly help out?  This is ridiculously agitating when $1,600 worth of software all of a sudden stops working and Adobe seems to not even have the staff to address issues when they come up.

There are people on other posts on here who have said that their issue was solved by messing with firewall settings but again, I have tried that and it did not do anything.

I have tried renaming the files ExporterQuicktimehost.prm as well as ImporterQuicktime.prm and the program loads fine --- so it seems like something is wrong with the Quicktime/Adobe integration but again, this is not something that has been a problem in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

See the suggestions here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

That was written for After Effects, but the same suggestions apply to Premiere Pro, too.

See also this potential solution: Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 30, 2011 Jul 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the suggestions here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2011/02/troubleshooting-quicktime-errors-with-after-effects.html

That was written for After Effects, but the same suggestions apply to Premiere Pro, too.

See also this potential solution: Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2011 Jul 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd --- thanks for the response --- yeah I had looked through all of those and still haven't seen the problem fixed.  I went as far as totally disabling my Windows firewall and it still is acting up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you don't have any third-party QuickTime codecs installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I have seen --- I can't recall downloading any third party codecs or anything.  All that I really remember doing was updating Quicktime via Apple before this issue started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to Rub my eyes. I did.

is Todd back in the forums?

probably some kind of error or some technical voodoo I don't get here in the forum that make it seems like so... oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your perfect solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hving just switched to Premeire Pro, I can honestly say I wish I never had.  As a professional, I have ZERO confidence that this software will operate reliably at any given time.  I now have this same issue, and like you a $5,000 boat anchor on my desk.

Any chance ANYPNE from Adobe will address this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would love to see someone from Adobe actually address this nonsense.

It's a bit annoying to have to wait 5 minutes for an $800 program to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the pat response is to ignore it, and hope one of us fixes it.  I get this intermittently, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, making troubleshooting virtually impossible.  Premiere might be the only editing app out there that gets worse with each subsequent release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the fix for when Adobe Premiere hangs up when loading ExporterQuicktimehost.prm.  The problem is your computer's Firewall is blocking the c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs5\32\adobe qt32 server.exe program.

The easiest thing to do is to set your Firewire to allow full access to these three programs:

c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs5\32\adobe qt32 server.exe

c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs5\32\dynamiclinkmanager.exe

c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs5\adobe premiere pro.exe

Once you do that, REBOOT your computer and try loading Premiere.  It should load much faster.

I had the same problem with ExporterQuicktimehost.prm hanging up Premiere from loading.  Once I allow set my McAfee firewall for full access to the 3 programs above, my load time are now super fast.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my problem with this is intermittent, I don't think it's the firewall, since that is always on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does it for me even with the firewall turned totally off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DELETE QUICKTIME ENTIRELY. It's what I did, and it works. So you might need to reinstall quicktime again, for it to work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you helped very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere. Works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a year later, but I was still having this problem and ending the process as you described works for me every time.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again, on Premiere Elements, where the same bug lies.

There are legions looking for a solution in that part of the forums.

Adobe, I think you have to take a strong look at your engineering communications at least, with the Indian groups who write most of your software in the present.

Your results indicate no sense of urgency. This bug, which otherwise requires a reboot of a PC to clear for the non-technical, is catastrophic, and is never remedied. How can you go home in the evening?

The bugs in Adobe Creative Cloud manager have persisted over a year - those at least may be nearer ending, as well they might on what you hope will be your main income source, for those who would agree to paying infinitely.

Still, I encourage you. This is essential software in a present world. You should support it appropriately to its price.

Don't you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere. Works for me.

The above worked for me perfectly and a couple others in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere.

Just did what you said. It works fine for me.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! This is the first time I've seen this, Premiere crashed then wouldn't restart, always getting hung on "Loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.prm but simply ending the "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" task did the trick, Premiere started just fine the next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Go to Windows Task Manager,End process "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" then restart Premiere."

I have run into this problem a million times.  Each time I'll remove the quicktime .dlls or reinstall the program.  All of which have been temporary fixes.  Ending the server process above allows me to restart the program instantly without doing anything else.   I believe this is the quickest and easiest way to solve the problem until Adobe addresses this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you don't see the Adobe QT32 Server.exe file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then you are probably using a mac computer and the solution will not work for you.  If you are using a windows computer my guess is that you haven't yet started the program or are preemptively solve the problem.  Unfortunately this only works when you are currently having the issue or trying to start the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life. Saver. Stupid errors put working men behind... *grumble*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines