• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shopping Cart Summary: Replace product Links with the images

Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an ecommerce site. I discovered that BC displays link of products in the shopping cart summary. Is there a way to show/format the link to actual product small image. See my screenshot:

Screenshot by Lightshot

ideas to achieve this would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you enable liquid markup you can show item information for products in your shopping cart summary:

Developer reference

Otherwise you have to do a complex ajax feature to fetch the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam. Liquid is seriously buggy right now. The tags are not rendering on the shopping-cart-xx.html. We hope the engineers would fix it in record time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not buggy, working fine - You either not enabled liquid in the settings or your not doing something correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually spoke with support and they are actually investigating it. All my site are liquid enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All sites are migrated to the new rendering engine but you have to go into the beta settings to enable liquid, BC has not turned it out by default because it is not finished yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam Not always. See: http://prntscr.com/7h8knt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like there is a misunderstanding here, actually the image you provided doesnt look like the shopping cart summary. Dont you mean the shopping cart layout?

The out of the box shopping cart summary just shows (without using liquid) the number of items and total amount of the cart and it links to the shopping cart which is what your image looks like.

There is no need to use liquid for what you need, just use the legacy tags {tag_productimage}, Developer reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have asked several times with BC and they keep telling me that should not be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines