• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2015 - All video playback is now choppy. Why?

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new update (2015), I can no longer preview and video (of any format) without it being extremely choppy and unusable.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

After few hours of connection with Adobe Live Chat , operator "Abhinav" figured out the solution. He deleted all the prefences and settings of my Premiere via renaming the Adobe file in the documents like "Adobe.old". After the removal , he opened the Premiere CC and the magic! It's working great now. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 194 Replies 194
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danielassault,

After installing the new update (2015), I can no longer preview and video (of any format) without it being extremely choppy and unusable.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Not yet. Let us know specifics and we'll try to help: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Also, is this a new project or one you updated? Have you tried a brand new project?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both updated project and new project.

Any type of format, video or audio.

I am on Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the same type of system Windows 7 64bit.

I get the error message Video and Audio Clock Out-of-Sync.

This is an project updated to cc 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kent, I had EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM, and I had an answer for that.

Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 Audio and Video out-of-sync after upgrading from cc 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have occurred on preferences audio devices have audio drivers ASIO as on premiere cc 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Since last update I had to stop working...

When i trim a clip, I have to wait like 25 seconds to be able to playback my timeline.

And stop/play is unstable..

How can we go back to 2014 version?

Because while you are fixing this we have to keep working...

Anyway... This trick from Tylerk7985115 seems to be working:

"

Just figured out a fix for this!

On your timeline, click the wrench icon, and deselect "composite preview on trim "

After doing that, my stutters went away, and no more freezing on the preview window!

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. Please ping me when it is fixed. I'm editing for an event right now, and it is painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*BUMP*

Am also suffering through this horrible playback on premiere cc15 ... (on a 2014 macbook pro / 10.3 / 16gb ram )

- Have updated CUDA driver

- tried both Project settings of Mercury CUDA + Mercury software only (better, but still terrible)

- Have turned off 'Composite view under trim' from timeline spanner settings...

but still suffering....

Playback for me seems especially bad whenever a series of stills might be placed on the timeline in a row (1080P jpegs)...

or when playback has been happening for a minute or so - it seems to get cumulatively worse, the longer playback has been happening...

audio playback is generally fine for me -

but the video often hangs on a frame for up to 5-10-20 seconds before updating through a series of stills (that should be video) of later sections, as it tries to catch up...

which makes it painful to try and find out if desired edits are 'working' effectively...

It would be great to hear from ADOBE about what kinds of fixes are available....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over a month has passed and not this, nor any other problem, has been fixed or properly addressed by Adobe.

This is a month of membership gone to waste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm also frustrated at the (lack of) speed regarding an update to fix the issue...even just perplexed at why Adobe decided to change the audio handling in their apps to a weird intermediate thing anyway, if the old one seemed to be working just fine (if it ain't broke, guys!) I believe it's not Adobe's policy to talk about pending updates and development news. They never have, that I'm aware of, and I've seen a few of these threads over the years.

I'd hardly call it a membership gone to waste though, as CC 2014 is still available for download and still runs great. Yea, I love the Lumetri color panel and would hate to lose it, but if you really have some pressing work to finish, keep using what you know works until they iron out the bugs. Hopefully, that day will be very soon. It's only been a a bit more than a month, and reputable developers rarely publish fixes before a month after release because it insinuates they knew bugs were already present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sign on to Creative Cloud, part of what you are paying for is a constant stream of updates. As opposed to the dead Adobe CS.

By paying for CC, you are suppose to get, along with these apps, a more frequent addition to features and patches. If an update is released that is causing too much trouble then I expect from Adobe to release patches sooner, be it hotfixes for small things, one by one, if they need more time. If not that, I'd even be OK if Adobe would keep us updated on a weekly basis that they are working on fixing the issues and what those issues are, so that we at least know we are getting our money's worth. If you are paying for a membership of any kind, your membership should keep you better informed.

If Adobe really need so much time to fix all these issues with 2015, then they should not have released 2015 in the first place in its constant state. Just add the features and keep the infrastructure overhaul for next year, after you've had enough time to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin has mentioned July, and there aren't that many days left, so....  It's not a good idea for people selling software to predict a date.  What if what they fix breaks other things that need additional fixing?  Then, they would have angered customers by missing the promised time.

As for releasing software with issues, I suspect that there are tens of thousands of other users who aren't having the issues in this thread, and ones like it.  The 30 or so people who've posted here are likely a very small sample of their customer base.

I come to the forums when I'm having a problem.  Otherwise, I rarely hear success stories.  

There have been incompatibilities with certain extensions and codecs, etc., that have caused problems.  I recall one with the DVCPro HD codec, and another with a Wacom driver and another with the Flip4Mac extension.  Those of us who are feeling the pain may share something in common that's causing Pr to misbehave.  If Adobe doesn't have it (whatever it is) installed in their test machines, they might never find the answer, unless some user stumbles on to it first, and puts the word out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles VW wrote:

9.0.1 is out: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Update (9.0.1) | Premiere Pro work area

It's not showing up in the CC application (which updated itself this morning) for me. 

And a search doesn't return a standalone updater to download on the Adobe site.   Is there a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I don't have a direct download link (did ask), however it takes up to 24 hours for the CC application to show updates.  So it shows up at different times for different people (don't ask me why, just what I know).  My understanding is that you can kill the CC Application process, and restart and it should force refresh at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles, I selected "uninstall," and after a few seconds the "Update" button appeared.  I'm updating it now.  Thank you.

HOWEVER, clicking "uninstall" wiped out CC 2014, too.  Careful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer assumes everyone is having problems...that is not necessarily the case. There might be unpolished kinks to work out that are a hassle, but if Adobe hasn't released an emergency patch, then it's quite probable most people are able to use the software just fine. We have it installed at a few different workstations where I work, and though it has problems on two computers, a Macbook Pro we have seems to be running it great. Differences on hardware and software drivers are the major issue, and are difficult to plan for. So, while frustrating, the sky probably isn't falling for Adobe and for a majority of their user base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem, does adobe have a step-by-step solution to this we can do??

Very annoying as why they have not updated such a fundamental issue which affects us all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

It depends on your hardware, media, computer, OS, attached devices. Give us a bit more to go on and we can assist: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel,

Please continue with this issue; it has been around for years, and now maybe there is a chance that something will be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Martin, yeah I will persist. I had an adobe guy do a remote session on my project last night without any solution found, but he did say they would reply within 48hrs with a solution.

Its annoying... there is no reason why this should be happening on highly spec' computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating. I'm exploring a new build but am dragging my feet because the thought of spending many thousands (sterling) on a high spec PC only to experience these kinds of problems turns me cold! Out of interest, is this just in the playback monitor or when you export? Have you tried an export and does the result remain choppy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glaustin, yeah just in playback - export is fine.

But ... makes it impossible to edit any pre-record live footage, which is really disappointing.

Hopefully they can find a fix for it or else would have no other option but change software systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.36.37 AM.png

Here it is.

Last night I had an adobe guy do a remote session on my computer .... spent about 1hr changing settings, deleting previews, deleting all render files, re-importing and re-encoding... and nothing changed.

From my perspective it seems that there is an issue with the 'release and refresh' memory function of playback. It plays fine for about 3-4 seconds and then, gets all choppy like a memory bank is being filled with information, but once it gets filled it cant not contain any more. Instead of it dumping the previous frames - its like it keeps it all in its memory which overloads it and makes it jumpy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines