Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2015 does not recognize Sony MTS files

Title edit by moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Hi Curtis,

Please go to Task Manager on your windows 7 (CTRL+SHIFT KEY+Esc), in prcesses tab check the box which says "show all processes from users" . Once done close all the processes of Adobe found in processes tab.

After this please go to documents folder and rename Adobe folder(s) as Old_Adobe

Then Click on start button and in Search program and files box type %appdata%, this will take you to Roaming folder. In this rename the Adobe folder as old_Adobe.

Restart your machine. Launch Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi totallcomunicacao,

• Did you copy the entire SD card to your hard drive before importing?
  • Did you import via the Media Browser and not File > Import or by dragging and dropping?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan wrote:

Hi totallcomunicacao,

• Did you copy the entire SD card to your hard drive before importing?
  • Did you import via the Media Browser and not File > Import or by dragging and dropping?

Thanks,

Kevin

May I suggest (for the billionth time) that this major, embarrassing product bug simply be fixed after all these years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juarez,

Please provide us some more information about the OS that you are using and the Error message that you get once you import the files.

This issue can arise if the activation of CC application is not done correctly or there are some issues with it.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same thing that happened last time. It's happening with my Panny HMC footage as well.

(At least in my case) It has NOTHING to do with importing the footage, the project was fine in CC2014... upgrade to CC2015 and it no longer works. Need a solution now! Deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curtis,

Please provide us the request information so that we can help.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 - Load project, media is not linked, try to link, it shows up fine in Link Media requester, select file > "the file has an unsupported compression type"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curtis,

Please go to Task Manager on your windows 7 (CTRL+SHIFT KEY+Esc), in prcesses tab check the box which says "show all processes from users" . Once done close all the processes of Adobe found in processes tab.

After this please go to documents folder and rename Adobe folder(s) as Old_Adobe

Then Click on start button and in Search program and files box type %appdata%, this will take you to Roaming folder. In this rename the Adobe folder as old_Adobe.

Restart your machine. Launch Premiere Pro>Sign in and then check the behavior.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK worked
thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vinay,

Thanks... that did it. Now, if I can get MB Looks to work again, I can

finish my project.

Appreciate the help.

C

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Vinay Dwivedi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try your provide all method

premiere pro cc 2015 does not recognize sony mts files on windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 8.1 64Bits

SuperMicro

16 Intel Xeon 3.4GHz

64 RAM ECC

Nivia Tesla K20

Nvidia Quadro K5000

1 SSD System

7 HD´s seagate constellation ES3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erro MTS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with files on CC2015. Panasonic .MTS files and Sony AX2000 MOV files. Work absolutely fine in CC 2014. I did get a heads up last night from one of my industry friends to not let the install for CC2015 *UNINSTALL* CC2014 (in the advanced options), so I'm safe there. I'm on a PC, Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I not let the install for CC2015 not UNINSTALL CC2014?  Where are the  advanced options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 8.1 64Bits

SuperMicro

16 Intel Xeon 3.4GHz

64 RAM ECC

Nivia Tesla K20

Nvidia Quadro K5000

1 SSD System

7 HD´s seagate constellation ES3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curtis,

Try to uninstall and re-install MB looks and it will work fine.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked as well... you're on a roll today, Vinay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with importing .m2ts files from Sony FS100. I have them imported from cards and organized on HDD by the Sony software (Content Management). In last version of Premiere they worked fine.

Win 8.1 64Bits

i7 2600k 3,5ghz

16GB RAM

Nvidia GTX470

1 SSD System

3 HDD for projects & temp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristian,

Have you tried the above solution? If not try the steps and check if it works. Make sure all the Adobe application/services are closed in task manager.

Restart your machine. Launch Premiere Pro>Sign in and then check the behavior.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification. I didn't understand the instructions the first time, I thought they were for installing the previous version.

Meanwhile I removed the entire suite and preferences and reinstalled completely and now it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great it worked!  But!  if anyone who reads this and finds that they can't change the name of the Roaming Adobe file, like myself.  I instead made a new folder named, "old_Adobe"  and cut everything from "Adobe" to "old_Adobe"  You will find the program that is still running that you need to turn off in Task Manager.
Everything seems to be working correctly, so far.  Reads all my footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I booted into Safe mode in order to rename the folder in Roaming, worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another fix may work - just move the entire folder with the MTS video files to a different directory.

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines