• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe and Face book

Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem with Adobe flash player on Face Book, Adobe works every where else except Face Book, I can't in large the screen or turn the sound up or down, I just haven't got any control with adobe while on face book. Any ideas as to what could be wrong.?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

I know i tried the control panel, I am asking for some help. I am also looking around for myself. I never did like windows 8, Been a pain in my ---.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK first think you for your help. I will do the best I can, I am not a computer wiz.

1. Windows 8

2. Google Chrome

3. Adobe Flash Player- 17.0.0188

4. The problem is only on Face Book, When I try to play a video, The bottom of the video screen where you control are for the video is there until I take my curser down to them then they disappear , so there is no way to control the video. I can click on the video its self and it will play and I click on it again and it stops. But I can't use any of the controls at the bottom of the video screen.

I hope that this is enough info for you to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denis Kenshalo wrote:

The bottom of the video screen where you control are for the video is there until I take my curser down to them then they disappear , so there is no way to control the video.

To the best of my knowledge, this is by design (Youtube works the same way).  Nothing that Flash Player can change; this is how Facebook and Youtube have set up their system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the case, how come they worked fine for the longest time and now they don't. Also why then isn't there more people complaining about it. It makes playing videos  almost impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to reproduce this.  I looked a bunch of different videos in my feed using Chrome and Win8.1.

It seems like either the browser or Flash is getting the wrong mouse coordinates.  I was guessing that it would behave poorly at a different zoom level, but it works fine for me at various sizes.  Have you rebooted your machine since you started running into this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried rebooting my PC and it did nothing to help the problem. I don't understand why it just happened all of a sudden. I  would appreciate any help that I can get. This has been going on for to long.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of the nuclear option, but I can't think of a good reason for why you would have this problem.  You may just want to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will give that a try, then I will let you know.

In a message dated 6/16/2015 11:09:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

forums_noreply@adobe.com writes:

Adobe and Face book

created by Jeromie Clark (https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeromie+Clark)

in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

(https://forums.adobe.com/message/7648470#7648470)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to install a fresh copy of Google Chrome as soon as I can find out how to remove it from Windows 8 Mode. Isn't anything easy,Why can't I just uninstall it. I will get back to you as soon as I figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do it from Control Panel > Programs and (something...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know i tried the control panel, I am asking for some help. I am also looking around for myself. I never did like windows 8, Been a pain in my ---.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled Google Chrome and didn't re install it I am using Fire Fox until I get this problem figured out. The problem is still there, Have you got any more ideas.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Google Chrome and didn't re install it I am using Fire Fox until I get this problem figured out. The problem is still there, Have you got any more ideas.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave you all of the info you asked for and I haven't heard a word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines