• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player version 12 problems downloading.

Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used flash for years but just now have been unable to download it. Going into bbc i player flash keeps asking me to download, so i download again, go back to iplayer and it is still asking! So i uninstall go through the macromed 64bit and 32bit check to make sure all previous versions have been removed, shut down, restart and download once again go into your site and check to see what has been downloaded and it tells me nothing has been downloaded, go into control panel and flash ver 12 is there! can anyone think of a way round this? I have a Dell Inspiron one 2310. Cairns ps have also tried to a previous version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

DO a clean install.. I know you alrady manually removed it once, but using the FULL installers it will work.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely cleaned pc of flash player as suggested and used the full installer, but no luck, every item i go into (i.e. bbc iplayer) that requires FP still tells me I need to download FP. So just now considering the expensive route of consultation with the IT guy, I noticed there is another discussion just posted a few minutes ago which looks like the same problem. Thank you very much for your help and coming back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I don't know if this will help.

I had flash installed but iplayer said I needed to install flash. After numerous downloads and installs of flash, and making sure it was enabled in add on, it still wouldn't work with iplayer.

Videos on you tube were fine.

Then with the iplayer page open, I happened to click on the no entry symbol  on the right hand side of Internet explorer address bar. A window popped up with the option to turn off Active X filtering, and hey presto, iplayer was working.

Whether this is a flook, I don't know, but worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines