• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Doesn't Work on Some Websites

New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On some websites Flash content loads normally (for example it works great on youtube, hulu, and dailymotion), but on other websites it does not work at all.

On many websites (for example, on the MTV or Comedy Central websites), I get a black box where the video should be, but no ad or video ever shows up. If I right click in the black box, I get the following options:

- Settings...

- Global Settings...

- About Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.235...

I have tried IE and Chrome.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling flash.

I've tried deleting all site Data and Settings.

I've set it to allow sites to save information to my computer.

I'm running the latest version.

My system is an AMD A6-3400M, 6GB Ram, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I've tried IE9 and Chrome - same issue with both browsers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it get better if you disable Hardware Acceleration?  (See How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration? )

What is your display adapter, driver version and date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Pat.

Sorry - yes, I disabled hardware acceleration. I should have mentioned that.

Display adapter is AMD Radeon HD 6520G, Version 8.834.1.0, Date 4/20/2011

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go and check if there is a newer driver available for your graphics card: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought.

So I gave that a try... I downloaded that auto detect tool and ran it. The auto detect tool said I needed Catalyst Mobility Software.

Downloaded the Catalyst Mobility Software and ran it. While installing it, I got the message that Catalyst Mobility Software is not compatible with my hardware/software. (It says on the download page that it doesn't work with Toshiba, Sony, or Panasonic notebooks. I have a Toshiba.)

I spent some time searching AMD's site looking for any other driver/update, but I couldn't find anything.

So you're good thought has yielded a dead end (because apparently Toshiba doesn't play nice with AMD.)

Any other things you can think of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it matter if you clear out your flash player cache?

How do I clear my Flash Player cache and settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this exact same problem for a couple weeks now.  Comedy Central videos won't play, neither will some (not all) at MLB.com.  I've tried all the tips here and none seem to work.  What's odd is that my Guest Account will play these without any problem, so it must be something to do with my overall Flash preferences (IE, Safari, and Chrome all fail to play at these websites), but I can't figure out what's changed to make this a problem.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd that a different account on the same machine is able to play them back.  Could you be using any other software on your normal account that could be conflicting?  Sometimes ad blockers or virus/security software can interfere here.  If all the software is equal, I'd recommend trying to fix permissions to see if that's an issue.

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for me, I got the same problem.One some pages like Facebook it's no problem to play the online games. But when I try on Newgrounds there stays just an empty space.

I am using Win7 64bit
Google Chrome
ATI Radeon HD 5750

Intel Core2Duo CPU E6750

Until now I reinstalled Chrome and Flash Player several times. I cleared the Flash Player cache. I installed updates for Java and my graphic directX

Could it be a problem if Chrome has 2 versions of Flash avialble?

copied from Chrome://plugins

Flash (2 files) - Version: 11,3,300,257

Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
Name:     Shockwave Flash
Beschreibung:     Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
Version:     11,3,300,257

Speicherort:     C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\19.0.1084.56\gcswf32.dll

Typ:     NPAPI        Deaktivieren
MIME-Typen:      MIME-Typ     Beschreibung     Dateiendungen
application/x-shockwave-flash     Adobe Flash movie      .swf application/futuresplash     FutureSplash movie      .spl

Name:     Shockwave Flash
Beschreibung:     Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
Version:     11,3,300,257 Speicherort:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_3_300_257.dll
Typ:     NPAPI        Deaktivieren
MIME-Typen:      MIME-Typ     Beschreibung     Dateiendungen
application/x-shockwave-flash     Adobe Flash movie      .swf application/futuresplash     FutureSplash movie      .spl

A quick answer would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for quite some time ... very frustrating!  On my desktop computer, I am unable to see an embedded flash object type application/x-shockwave-flash.  This is in all browsers ... IE8, IE9, Firefox 11, Firefox 13, Opera, Safari.  At one point I uninstalled flash and shockwave, uninstalled all browsers, cleaned up leftover files and registry entries, and then reinstalled the browsers and flash after disabling my firewall and my antivirus ... and it didn't make any difference.  My sister and a friend have the same problem, with different version of windows and different firewall/antivirus.

My laptop shows the flash objects just fine!

Based on another post by a user named Treuben, I enabled my Guest account in Windows 7, and logged in to it ... and the flash plays just fine in Firefox 13 (my default browser).  I did not reinstall or change anything about the browser installation or the flash installation.

I have no idea what the story is.  If I get enough time, perhaps I'll try and isolate the issue ... I'm an equipment tech, so I'm always curious about why something acts up.

But I'm building a new desktop computer from scratch, so I may just see if it works okay on the new installation.

The only common thread I've seen so far is that Treuben and I both have Wacom tablets.

Good luck to all.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walrus50

You are correct  by logging on as a Guest account account I am able to overcome the problem of not being able to access some web sites.   Had been trying for months and this works thanks...

If you can isolate the core broblem please post I am very interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the guest account works, then I suspect you might be running into file/folder/registry permission issues.  Please try the steps outlined in this FAQ:

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cambell outlined a format which I tried without success...

Please post any new solution. Am very interested to solve..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Chris ... but I don't have a problem with flash player.  As I said, I can see pretty much all flash displays on all websites using all browsers ... except of the type EMBEDDED.

Flash installs fine, and I see the animation after the installation.  Shockwave installs fine, and I see the animation after the installation.  I've done this many times.

But on some sites, such as this one ( http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Clothing/Men&aposs/Shirts_&_Pants/Men&ap... ), I do NOT see their display.  I get a message saying "one moment please", and then a message saying "please try again later.  our apologies".  When I right-click on the image space, I get the Flash Player menu, the bottom item of which says "About Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.262".

I get the same issue when trying to view available tickets for SOME venues on Stubhub.com.

This issue is, as I stated, the same in ALL of the browsers I've tried.

My HTML and Javascript skills are weak, so I'm not certain ... but when I've viewed the page source, it always appears that I find an "embed" tag for the images that I fail to see.  I believe this code snippet ( swfobject.embedSWF("http://s7d5.scene7.com/is-viewers-3.8/flash/genericzoom.swf?serverUrl=http://vermontcountrystore.sce...", "myContent", "265", "550", "7.0.0", "expressInstall.swf", flashvars, params, attributes); ) is the line for the image (with zoom) that I can't see on that particular site.

I considred a problem with RealPlayer, so tonight I uninstalled RealPlayer, cleaned up leftover files, and then spent about an hour going through the registry to clean up any leftover references to RealPlayer ... but it made no difference.

Sorry to be so wordy, but I've been a troubleshooter for over 30 years, and I know a small detail can suddenly make something clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same thing happening, so when there is EMBED it doesnt work

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is-viewers-3.8/flash/genericzoom.swf?serverUrl=http://vermontcountrystore.sce...

works though, not the original URL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I played with the Adobe Flash Settings Manager, as the previous poster suggested.  Of all the settings, I found that checking the box labeled "Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer" in the Global Storage Settings tab made the difference ... even with the amount of storage allowed set to zero!

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

I tried the link I posted earlier for the denim shirt at the Vermont Country Store, and with that box checked the imaged displayed and zoomed as it should.  If I uncheck that box, I get the same failure as before.

I also just tried it with IE8 and Opera 12 ... they both worked fine, after bringing up a box asking me to allow 10kb of local storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone in the thread is having problems with embedded content and would be willing to do a desktop sharing session with me so I can take a look at your system, please shoot an email to ccampbel@adobe.com and I'll try and schedule a time with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found da solution 4 da problem. Its bcoz some of dem sitez n33d ² save permanent data on your PC, but fail ² do so becoarse of sum fcked up write permissions. Go ² da Application Data folder ( %AppData% ) and look for da folder called "Macromedia". Right-click da folder and click dem properties ² bring up da properties window. Switch ² da Security tab and check if dem write permissions R correct. If in doubt, create a new entry "Everyone" with all dem permissions given and let all dem underlying files and folders inherit dem permissions. Click OK.

Then surf ² http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/de/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html

And tik all dem chekboxes and allocate 100kb of space.

Sh*t be working again now. Have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem and i fixed it by resetting my host file to default:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.beyazperdem.com you can check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys by relive this thread but i'm out of ammo to solve this problem.

I have this set for chrome plugin

Nome:Shockwave Flash

Descrição:Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0

Versão:13.0.0.214

Local:C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\35.0.1916.114\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

Tipo:PPAPI (fora do processo)

Ativar

Tipos MIME:
Tipo MIMEDescriçãoExtensões de arquivo
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl

Nome:Shockwave Flash

Descrição:Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402

Versão:11,4,402,287

Local:C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_4_402_287.dll

Tipo:NPAPI

Desativar

Tipos MIME:
Tipo MIMEDescriçãoExtensões de arquivo
application/x-shockwave-flashAdobe Flash movie
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash movie
.spl

And this code for load swf:

<object id="CorePlayer" name="CorePlayer" width="0" height="0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="assets/CorePlayer.swf">

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="*">

<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

<param name="flashvars" value="endpoint=&hash=">

</object>

For some reason flash player doesn't load the swf file with Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402 enabled, only the Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0 works.

Since the swf file was build to work fine with 10.2 from flash player version(build on flash builder 4.5), i really don't know what is happening

Hope some *great* solution for this.

Thanks early!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact same problem.  The solution for me was to delete the "Macromedia" folder in Users>Username>AppData>Local

In case you are not aware, you need to enable viewing hidden files/folders before you will see the "AppData" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I found that the ghostery add on was set to block some trackers that were responsible for the video player.

I unblocked only those and now videos play

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one turn off a "ghostly add on"?  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines