• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7 permission issues with Flash

Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to install flash player on my windows 7 home computer. I download the install file, execute as admin and halfway through the install there is an error message due to lack of administrator rights. Even though I am logged on as administrator.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi low1212,

Please provide the following:

• A screenshot of the installer dialog with the error (see How to post a screenshot in the forum‌)
  • The FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, there's another FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macrodmed\Flash.  We require both files from a 64-bit OS.
  • Post the URL to the files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maria,

Below is a screenshot of the error message (unfortunatly it is in Dutch)

​

I looked for the FlashInstall.log file but could not find it. See attached

screenshot for the files in the flash directory

​

So what else can be done?

2015-06-17 18:39 GMT+02:00 m_vargas <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Windows 7 permission issues with Flash created by m_vargas

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/m_vargas> in Installing Flash Player - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7655118#7655118>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Low1212,

Neither screenshots are in your post.  If you replied via email and attached the files that could be why as the forums don't allow attachments from email.  Please see the FAQ How to post a screenshot in the forum

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Appologies. let's try again:

Error message

Flash install 2.png

Files in flash directory

Hope this works better.

Regards,

Lodewijk

Flash install 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Low1212,

Which installer is returning this error?  According to the screenshot you have the latest version of the ActiveX Control (for IE) and the NPAPI Plugin (for Firefox), but an older version of the PPAPI Plugin (for Opera).  Is the PPAPI plugin installer the one that is returning the error?

Please provide the FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.

--

Maria

<edited commented wrong post>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,
Sorry for the late replay, I have been away for a while.
It makes no difference if I run the installer with Opera or IE, the error message is the same.
In the folder you mentioned above I see no log file, only the below:
Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The FlashInstall.log file is the 3rd one on the list.  You don't have your system configured to display file extension.  Please see the Microsoft FAQ Show or hide file name extensions - Windows Help‌ for instructions on showing the file extensions.

For which browser are you trying to install Flash Player for?  Based on your screenshot you have the latest version of Flash Player for IE and Firefox.  However, the PPAPI plugin for Opera and Chromium-based browsers is old.  Chrome is currently not detecting the non-embedded version of Chrome, so unless you use Opera there is no need to have this older version installed.  You can uninstall just this version by going to the

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, select the entry 'Adobe Flash Player 16 PPAPI' and uninstalling it.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines