• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 Drag and Drop Error #2046

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a broken interface. Tested on a different station where it does not reproduce, so the error is local. Just updated Flash. Do I need to fix swz files as mentioned in a non-Captivate forum? Any ideas?

Drag and Drop tab - Options tab- Set Correct Answers...

Looks like this:

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 1.32.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps listed here:

Error #2046?

Now I'm getting Error #2032

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 4.02.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest resetting your Preferences folder first.  If that doesn't work, reinstall Captivate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark and Rod,

I am having the exact same issue with my Captivate 8 on Mac.  I just deleted the preferences folder and tried again, still no luck.  Going to try a reinstall now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My colleague encountered the same issue, using Captivate 7. Reinstalling now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, here's an update:

• Reinstalled Captivate 8
  • Updated Flash player

Unfortunately, the problem persists.  This is a strange one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly does one go about resetting the Preferences folder?

On a Mac running OS 10.10.3. Captivate 8.

I tried the guy below... It looks like it wiped out my settings but it didn't fix the 2032 error.

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.01.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That one will indeed delete all your custom settings. For next time have a look at:

Captivate 8.0.1 Install? Keep your Customisation! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri. It didn't clear out the broken Set Correct Answers... and the error message unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boy do I love this message. I'll print it and hang it on the wall of my office!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with Error #2046 also I think this effects even the multiscorm packager as that has been not working for me for days.

I suggest what ever the issue it is related to the framework required in these popup/applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having major issues with this, have contacted support and supposedly "they are looking into a work around"...

Changed the settings for the local storage and 2046 went away and how am getting 2032.

Can you confirm your also getting a non-responsive Multiscorm Packager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask on Monday about the Multiscorm Packager over here. I develop courses, send them to someone else to package up.

This is a fairly significant problem. Slides with Drag and Drops can't be completed, and thus can't be delivered to clients, which is... um... not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening my Multi SCO packager (Mac), and it was indeed unresponsive.  It didn't flash the #2046 or #2032 error, however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say I am on a Mac, Captivate 8.0.1.242 and getting the same error message, unable to use Set Correct Answers on my drag and drop interaction. Is this issue just MAC related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it is a mac related problem,

I have lodged the issue with Adobe and they indeed realise the issue as the person I was speaking to on live chat had the same issue...

They were looking into the cause yesterday then after that I got an email saying the case was closed but there was no resolution...

Its a pretty sorry way of handling things, I kind of get the impression the captivate is not high on the priorities for Adobe and if your on a mac your problems are amplified..

Lets hope the the response on Monday after I reopened the case is something of positivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have experience on how long they take to develop their "workarounds"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do heavy duty and rapid production, so this must have been working up until very recently or I would have come across it sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you could send the file to a PC Captivate version - make the needed edits and then return to working on the file on a MAC as a workaround? I agree tho that Adobe needs to address this issue for MACs ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to continue working on a PC Captivate with a file that gave this error, and it worked quite well. But that is just a first workaround... . Not really feasible for a lot of projects...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

There is an easy workaround for this issue, where you can physically drag the blue lines to new drop targets, which sets a new answer.

To do so, you click on the "Drag and Drop" tab and make sure the interaction is visible (with blue lines).

Then, click in the middle of the Drag Source, so a small + appears:

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 3.32.29 PM.png

Next, drag your cursor out from the + and place it on the new target:

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 3.32.34 PM.png

See how the top blue arrow now points to the middle box?

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 3.37.27 PM.png

You can also add new Drop Targets and Drag Sources by clicking on the objects and marking them under the Drag and Drop tab:

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 3.36.04 PM.png

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jay for the information, did you have any luck with getting the Multiscorm to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exact same issue as the original poster, but Im using CP7. Sure glad we didnt "upgrade" to CP8 as it appears that Adobe STILL hasnt fixed this and many other outstanding broken things from all the previous versions.

The "workaround" suggested above does NOT work NOR does it address the original post.

CLICKING

GIVES YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This indeed seems to be a flash problem. When I delete the preferences and cache folders for the flash player, start up captivate and click that drag and drop "Set Correct Answers" button, some files and folders appear in said flash cache/preferences folders.

(/Users/<USER NAME>/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player and /Users/<USER NAME>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash Player).

I have a hunch about installing an older flash version but I'm a bit confused about what is a plugin for my browsers and what is the flash version installed on my Mac.

Older versions of flash (player?) can be found here: Archived Flash Player versions

Maybe someone get's lucky and find a version that works without getting #2046 or #2023 error.

My flash version seem to be 18.0.0.232 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news everybody! In the new Captivate 9 the issue actually got fixed! Great!

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 10.18.10.png

So for me the issue is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources