• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor customer service...

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Help Screen said I had to chat to get help with authorization problem... I went through 3 chats with 3 people from some third world country who referred me BACK to the place where the original help was.  I asked for a phone number and he gave me one that doesn't support Digital Editions.  Beyond frustrated!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please detail us the exact problem you are facing while authorizing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been

previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices.  Please

try again."  Unfortunately my old computer is trashed, and I didn'the realize I needed to deauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the ADE Version you are using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using version 4.0.3.117585

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reason behind this error message. This device is activated with an Anonymous account which has a unique UUID stored in the registry. When you try to activate the same machine with different Adobe ID (UUID), this error message will be thrown.

Solution1: Deactivate the anonymous account and activate with the existing Adobe ID

Note: In this case, the books you have fulfilled with the Anonymous account will be permanently lost.

If you like to continue reading the books fulfilled by Anonymous account, you have to follow solution 2

Solution 2: You have to assign the UUID of anonymous ID to newly created Adobe ID. For more information please refer to, Adobe Digital Editions – Anonymous Activation

Hope this solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Good heavens!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I think that Adobe is getting too big for its customers. They do not need us any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines