• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing glossary entries in Rh 7 HTML project converted to v11

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a project I just upgraded to RH 11, I have only 1 glossary entry.  The v7 project had a large number of entries.  Any thoughts on if the conversion could have "lost" entries or if it's some other issue?  FWIW, the only entry in the new project happens to be what was the first entry in the old project.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more piece of info on this problem...I copied the .GLO from the v7 project and pasted it into the v11 project overwriting the .GLO in the v11 that only has 1 glossary entry rather than the many in the v7 project.  But the new project still has a glossary with just 1 entry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane

Perhaps give the following a try. From the Project Manager pod, right-click the Glossary folder and choose "New Glossary".

tmp1.png

Give the glossary a name, enable the option to copy, then click the ellipsis button.

tmp2.png

Choose the copied GLO file, then click Open and finally OK.

Do the entries then show up? If so, nominate the new glossary file as the default by right-clicking the file in the Project Manager and choosing to set the new glossary as the default. You would also want to double check the SSL recipe to ensure it's pointing to the new glossary. I would think that by setting the new one as default, that would be sufficient. But you never know.

Let us know how you get on! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I still only end up with a single glossary entry.  The fact that this one term was the first entry in the full glossary in the old version of the project puzzles me.  If there is a problem with the GLO file or with the process of updating it to the new version of RH, I would expect to see nothing, not just one.

Thank you so much for all the time you've given this.  I think I may just have to bite the bullet and re-enter it all (along with all the drop-down content as that still doesn't work either.  It is recognized in RH and labeled as dropdown but when you open the drop-down text editor, it's blank.)

The glossary and drop-down are the only things I've...so far.  What worries me is what else I don't know yet that might be wrong/missing/not working in this upgraded version of the project:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally a project upgrade is pretty smooth. I'm honestly surprised you are having so many issues.

Are you open to allowing me to try upgrading it on my own setup? Perhaps I could see first hand what is happening and make a recommendation.

And if not, that's cool too. Just thought I'd toss out the offer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would absolutely be open to you looking at it.  What a wonderful offer!  I just checked with the director of my department and he gave me the OK, so ... how and where do you want me to send it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zip it up and upload it to something like WeTransfer. WeTransfer will want your email address as as well as mine. Mine is rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com. Once it has been uploaded, WeTransfer will send me an email message with a link where I can download it.

I'll let you know once I've got it downloaded and am looking at it.

Remember, I'll need the version 7 package and not the one you have already upgraded. I want to put it through the upgrade process.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent it via WeTransfer. Let me know if it doesn't get to you.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks again for your help last night.  I found an earlier version of the project and it upgraded to RH11 seamlessly.  Unfortunately the content is out of date but at least I have a good project to work in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay! Huge applause from Kansas City!

For anyone that comes along finding this thread down the road...

Diane was kind enough to share the project with me. She had inherited it from a different author. At some point in the project's life, the project source files had been overwritten with WebHelp putout files. When that happens, a topic looks like this:

tmp1.png

And the Glossary likely failed because the WebHelp output of a glossary is vastly different than that of the source file used to create it.

Again, very pleased for Diane that she found a clean backup!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp