Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 18 upgrade problem on Windows 8.1 Pro

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I can't install Flash player using flashplayer18_hd_install.exe. It always stops saying that it has failed to install and nothong else. I tried to do it while stopping anti virus but no hope.

I use Fire Fox but the browser was stopped when I tride to install.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance

Michel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi msalais,

I'll need to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please do the following:

1. Download the installer again (the online installer self-deletes after it is launched)
  2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  3. Open Notepad (or some other text utility) and create an empty file named ADM.trace
    1. Make sure the file extension is .trace and not .txt or anything else (if file extensions are not displayed on your system, you'll need to configure your system to display them)
  4. Run the installer again
  5. When the error returns, take a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum)
  6. Upload the following files using the instructions posted here: How to share a document
    1. All of the files inside the C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs directory
    2. FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\
      1. If this is a 64-bit OS, we'll also need the FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\
    3. The screenshot taken in step 5
  7. Once everything is uploaded post the URL to the files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much

This is the link to requested files:

Fichiers partagés - Acrobat.com

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  We're reviewing the log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi msalais,

I'm still working with the online installer folks to resolve this issue.  In the mean time, please try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have tried the link for the offline installer and it works fine.

waiting your comments on the other installer problem.

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi msalais,

The online installer team is still looking into the issue.  Thank you for confirming that the offline installer worked for you.

When you downloaded the online installer, did you save it to your local machine or external drive (i.e. usb drive)?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I save the file on local disk. However, I must say that this is a VMWare machine using Vmware Workstation 11. The file system on which I save the file is a shared vmware volume.The vmware host is an Open Suse Linux.

Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi msalais,

The additional information you provided enabled the online installer team to reproduce the bug.  It is in their queue to be fixed, however, at this time there is no estimate when that will be.  In the mean time, please save the file locally within the VM guest instead of to a shared location.

Thanks again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK!

Well I know now how to avoid it.

Thank you.

Michel

De : m_vargas

Envoyé : vendredi 19 juin 2015 20:23

À : Michel SALAIS

Objet : Flash Player 18 upgrade problem on Windows 8.1 Pro

Flash Player 18 upgrade problem on Windows 8.1 Pro

created by m_vargas <https://forums.adobe.com/people/m_vargas> in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7667116#7667116>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines