Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some CC 2015 Applications Crash While Launching on Mac OSX

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some CC 2015 Applications Crash While Launching on Mac OSX

This article is reference to an issue wherein some CC 2015 applications crash when it is being launched or just after it is launched on Mac OSX. You might see the issue in the June 16th release of these applications.

• After Effects CC 2015
  • Flash Pro CC 2015
  • Illustrator CC 2015
  • InDesign CC 2015
  • InCopy  CC 2015
  • Photoshop CC 2015
  • Prelude CC 2015
  • Premiere Pro CC 2015

Here are the solutions. Solution 1 should be able to fix the issue. In case it does not, please try solution 2 and 3.

Solution 1: Install Dreamweaver CC (2015)

• On your Mac computer, open Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application, and switch to Apps.
  • Install Dreamweaver CC (2015).

Solution 2: Install Muse CC 2014.3.2

• On your Mac computer, open Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application, and switch to Apps.
  • Scroll to FIND ADDITIONAL APPS, click Previous Version > VIEW PREVIOUS VERSIONS.
  • Click the Install button of Muse, select CC (2014) 2014.3.2.

Solution 3: Install Acrobat Pro DC

• Install Acrobat Pro DC.
  • You will be asked to uninstall old acrobat before installing Acrobat Pro DC.

Additional Information

• When you upgrade a CC 2014 application to CC 2015, you can choose to keep the 2014 version.
  • After you upgrade an application to CC 2015, you can also reinstall its CC 2014 version. Please refer to the steps in solution 2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Try turning off auto-hide menu bar in your system prefs -- that seems to be a trigger for crash on startup in El Capitan...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1 seems very curious: Why would InDesign CC 2015 crash on launch if Dreamweaver CC 2015 wasn't installed.

I typically install all the CC 2015 apps, but I can understand why many people would not. However, I don't quite understand how that would happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver isn't required, but installing Dreamweaver works around the problem by cleaning up some of the data files used by the installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I guess that explains it. Not enough testing of the installers. There's no beta team for that except inside the Adobe firewall.

I've added this thread to my growing list of CC 2015 bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the KB article.

CC 2015 applications crash on launch | Mac OS

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-2015-applications-crash-on-launch---mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of these suggestions (as well as a standard uninstall/reinstall of InDesign) and none of them work. Any more, please?

I'm getting Error 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try asking on the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum:

Creative Cloud Download & Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these suggestions work. InDesign continues to crash immediately after startup.  Extremely frustrating as I've missed a deadline and more deadlines are coming up.

I'm currently using:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

OSX 10.11 (El Capitan)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off auto-hide menu bar in your system prefs -- that seems to be a trigger for crash on startup in El Capitan...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness! What a silly little thing that fixed everything! Thank you! That's all it was for me. That's so good, because I actually didn't really like when the menu bar would hide anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the 'automatically hide and show menu bar' in System Preferences > General fixed it for me too - after much head scratching, deleting of preferences, reinstalling CC interface and eventually having to run it through a new admin account. Thanks Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG ... thank you! this worked ... been reinstalling apps, prefs, caches, fonts for the past 36hrs ... nothing worked ... would have never guessed this was the issue since AI and PS work fine in El Capitan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! Was going crazy trying to solve this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Installing Dreamweaver solved everything for some reason. No I just wish I could get the hour of my life back I just spent trying to figure out why Indesign CC 2015 wasn't opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it work!!!!! so simple! instanly! Best answer ever... how you came up with it!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preferences by holding shift+control+option+command right after you click the indesign icon to open the program also works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me: thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preferences by holding shift+control+option+command right after you click the indesign icon to open the program is what worked for me. InDesign was opening fine until I forced quit it on a huge file (700+ pages with 12 thumbnails on each page) Since then it didn't want to restart at all. Solved now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooohhh thank you!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC 2015 just starting stalling at launch with a spinning beach ball.  This happened on two machines (linked only by Raid) at the same time in our studio.  We are on Yosemite so the option stated above in System Preferences doesn't exist in Yosemite General System Prefs.  I guess it's new in El Capitan.   Any solutions for Yosemite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably ask about this over in the Premier Pro forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated my inDesign CC program today (2015 version). Program crashes during opening at "calling late initializers." I have tried all of the above, Solutions 1, 2 & 3 and thrown out preferences as per instructions above. Using Mac Mini (late 2014), Yosemite 10.10.5. Is the only solution to go back to the previous version of inDesign? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth a try at uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign CC 2015.3.

Here are instructions for doing that:

http://creativepro.com/troubleshooting-adobe-creative-cloud-desktop-app/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2016 Apr 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that did the trick! And the article with additional tips is very helpful as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines