• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost everything on my desktop during installation including Start and icons. Please Help!

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

While I was installing Adobe Flash Player, I got the message to close Windows Explorer. Since Explorer was already closed, I followed the instructions to open Task Manager > Processes and I ended or deleted everything relating to Explorer.

I have now lost Start, the icons and the icons for Explorer and Google Chrome on my desktop screen. The only thing I have left (thank goodness) is my Google Chrome browser is open.

I went to what I thought was Adobe Flash Player support and called a number. The had me allow remote access and when they told me I'd need a program for $399 to fix the issues, I realized it was a scam. At least I was able to get them to disconnect from the remote access.

Please not that there was something on the Flash Player screen that a firewall could prevent downloading so I also disabled my firewall and it remains disabled since I no longer have access to it on my screen.

Please help me.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines