• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Junk in topics after converting help to x7

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2007 Dec 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not really sure what happened, but I am horrified to find ;r throughout my help files after converting help created in x5 to x7. Any ideas? Not really sure what to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is a sneaky way of getting help, putting in a link to a picture of a beautiful looking girl and indicating you're straight and you drink. If I could just divide my age by two...

OK, back to reality. A few others have reported similar problems and none seem to have posted back a solution. There must be one or I would expect them to post again. I'm hoping you have kept a backup of your project before you upgraded it. What I would like to do is have you zip up the X5 project and send it to me. First let me know the size of the zip file. I suggest you copy the backup and then delete everything that is in the !SSL! folder before you zip it up.

Have you done any editnig outside of RH or are any of the topics created from imports of Word documents?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you are 72, if you divided your age by 2 you'd be too young for me!
Thanks for the kind words, Peter, and your quick weekend response. But I think you will be not be so kind when I tell you that there is no backup of the original project. I could, however, send you a different, smaller project that has not yet been converted because I have noticed this problem in each project that was converted to X7. Shall I do this?

To answer your question, I have not edited the project outside of RoboHelp nor were any topics created from imports from Word.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have a picture of yourself in the attic!

Any project that has the problem will do. Take a copy first and upgrade that to make sure it has the problem. Then take another copy and email that via my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2007 Dec 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem was talked about in this post. I upgraded from 6 to 7 and didn't have quite as much trouble, but I did see ";r" in my topics in some places and have the em dash problem. Could be considered a bug?

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2007 Dec 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It looks to be the result of my favourite, smart quotes in Word not translating well to HTML.

I will be putting the results of what I found on my site shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp