• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breadcrumbs Missing

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2007 Dec 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Happy New Year! Can anyone tell me why the breadcrumbs are missing in some topics and not in others? I looked at the HTML and couldn't divine anything - I also tried re-checking the breadcrumbs on the single source property page - no dice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi zjillian

This is just pure speculation on my behalf, but is it possible that you published at one point with no breadcrumbs, then decided to later add them? Or perhaps the topics in question aren't in the TOC anywhere? I'm not sure if they have to be in the TOC, but that might help explain the behavior.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

If by publish you mean "generate" then yes I did - do you know how I would remedy that? Thanks so much for your time!

Jill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again Jill

To some folks, Generate and Publish are one and the same. To me, they are distinctly different operations. When you generate, RoboHelp HTML pulls each file into memory, injects JavaScript and places the modified version of each file in an output folder. When you Publish, you start another application (The Smart Publishing Wizard) and the Generated set of output files is copied to a different location. Normally a server.

Sorry if my initial reply confused you. Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp