• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Although my computer shows that Flash PLayer 18 NPAPI is on the currently installed program list, all other sources state it is not and no videos will play until that is rectified; I downloaded that version 06/17. In addition, Firefox shows that the PLUG-

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled Flash Player 18, cleared the cache, restarted my computer and re-downloaded 18, but although it shows on my list, videos will not play on websites, with each advising me to download. In addition, Adobe's site indicated the program is either missing or not enabled. In checking Firefox, no PLUG-IN is listed to enable. Please assist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this first:

Get the uninstaller here to make sure you uninstall:

http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Run it, it is fast.

also make sure the following are not running in task manager:

flashp*

firefox.exe

iexplore.exe

plugin-container.exe

Battle.net.exe ( YES IT USES THE NPAPI Flash to run )

Kill any and all instances of them. IF you can't get them killed Reboot the machine, but first make sure you have the installers.

Then go to the below links, and the one for Firefox and IE if you are on Windows 7

Hope that helps, if not it might require some more in depth troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, those suggestions didn't change anything. After I uninstalled, the add/remove list didn't include Flash Player. I then checked the task manager; none of the files were listed. Next, using the provided link, I downloaded and installed Flash Player 18, but, in checking the Firefox add-ons list, there still isn't a plug-in for Flash Player and all sites state it isn't installed. Could it matter that I'm using XP Pro? Several yrs. ago, I lost both Real Player and Media Player when I updated to later versions. I was able to backtrack and have resisted all requests to move up. Can I revert to Flash Player 17, which was working fine until I permitted the move to 18?

Thank you for your assistance to an elderly user.

Bob Engleman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows XP?

OK, well you can try a new Firefox profile to see if your FF profile is corrupt; which does happen sometimes. I want to say though if you create a new profile and use it, you will not have access to your old bookmarks until you use the old profile again.

If you go to my video tutorial here:

How to back up Mozilla Firefox user profile the correct and easy way - YouTube

and then skip ahead to 3:25 you will see how to use the profile manage in Firefox. NOW you are on XP so you would place the command mentioned in the video in the run prompt.

Also I found an article here:

Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help

I am not sure if you need to activate the plugin or its blocked, etc..

Here is another post to try, but a new Firefox profile should do the same thing as one in this article:

Adobe Flash Player missing, even though I updated multiple times. | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla ...

I am not sure what else to try at the moment, I might think of something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines