Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue installing Flash Player 18

Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows 7 with Mozilla Firefox 38.0.5 as the program I use to access the internet. I am trying to install the newest version of flash player which is version 18, when I click on the download link the site downloads a file to my computer the name of the file is flashplayer18_ha_install. I have tried to install this two different times then I restarted my laptop and tried again to install the file, none of those attempts worked. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get the download to work? Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me save you some time and headache

Go here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Windows, plugin based browsers, then choose the msi install, run it ( make sure Firefox, plugin-container, and flashplayer are not running in task manager )

That should get your flash player installed a little easier. this is what I use 100% of the time and bypass the other one.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi redheadbrat83,

Does the installation complete successfully or are there errors?  If there are errors please post a screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the installer dialog window.  I'd also like to view the Flash Player install log file, FlashInstall.log.  The file is located at the following location:

32 Bit Windows:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

64 Bit Windows:

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

If this is a 64-bit OS, I'll need the files from both locations.  Please upload the files using the instructions here How to share a document

The https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html page contains files meant for customers who license Flash Player for distribution within their organization.  Language to this effect is included at the top of the page.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not actually work, as best as I can tell there where no error

messages the only thing I that tells me that my flash player is still out

of date is firefox and the add-ons menu.

Here are the documents:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi redheadbrat83,

There are no log files, or link to the log files with your post.

What files are listed in the same location as the FlashInstall.log file?

Also, there's an enhancement update in the 18.0.0.160 release that does not require users to close the browser before installing Flash Player (See Flash Player 18 Release Notes for more information).  However, before the newly installed version is loaded by the browser, the browser may need to be refreshed, or restarted.  The actual behaviour depends on the browser in use.  Firefox doesn't require a restart, just a refresh of the tab.  Not sure if the behaviour you're observing is due to this change or not.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok let's try this.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/c7a9b7bb-5c3c-474b-8d8c-2705a8a3d7c5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to access those files through the link? Just wondering

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Megan Dunmire <Delete personal information>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi redheadbrat83,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm not seeing errors with the Plugin installation.  Please do the following:

1. Download the uninstaller posted here: Uninstall Flash Player | Windows
  2. Download the installers posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section
    • Your log file shows installations for both the Plugin and ActiveX control, as such, download both of these files.
  3. Close all programs that may use Flash Player
  4. Run the uninstaller
  5. Reboot your computer
  6. Go to the following 2 directories and make sure all Flash Player files have been removed (except for FlashInstall.log and mms.cfg):
    • C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
  7. If there aren't any Flash Player files listed, go ahead and install, using the installers downloaded in step 2.
  8. If there are files listed, please post a screenshot and provide new FlashInstall.log files (from both directories).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that actually worked. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Like I said thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great.  Glad to hear everything's working fine now.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beg to differ Maria, this DOES request that Firefox be closed down before proceeding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carm01,

What is the exact version number of the installer you are using?  You can right-click on the file name, select properties and then Details tab.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the most current version I just tried it here at work , same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carm01,

When re-installing the same version Flash Player will prompt to close the browser.  When Flash Player is not installed or when upgrading from a previous version to a newer version Flash Player will not prompt to close the browser.  Instead a message will display stating "You may need to restart your browser to use this version of Flash Player."  This is because some browsers can load the newly installed plugin without having to restart the browsers and others cannot.

I should've have indicated this behaviour difference in my original post.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines