• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does latest release of Dreamweaver 2015 still support ColdFusion CFM and CFC?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ColdFusion Community.

I would like to install the latest version of Dreamweaver 2015 but I need to it have support for ColdFusion as per earlier versions of DW. In 2013, I was able to follow instructions to get the 2013 DW CC version to support CF, but know that it was listed as deprecated at the time. Is it still possible to configure the most recent release of Dreamweaver (June 2015) to support CFM and CFC files?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding that Adobe is not adding/updating CF support in any future versions of DW.  Apparently, with the advent of HTML5 and CSS3, DW is now more of a front-end IDE than a back-end IDE.

If you want a decent IDE, I've heard good things about SublimeText.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks WolfShade

That is very helpful. I have had a look at SublimeText and it looks good.

Also, just to see what happens, I will install DW 2015 on a separate machine and see if I can set it up to handle CFM and CFC as per the previous versions of DW CC. It is just so much faster for me to move between Code to Design views. I think it might be possible to do something like that with Eclipse and plugins but I haven't yet tried it out.

I will report back.

Thanks and best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried DW 2015 but every version of DW since they came out with the abomination CF Builder, DW has had less and less CF support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve

That is helpful. Yes, I have had a bit of difficulty with CF Builder, and I really value the Design View and other DW features when I am working with code.

I haven't yet had time to install DW 2015 on another computer to test it out.

Thanks and best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation