• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed Opera. Do I have to install Flash player again?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud and there are 8 NPSWF32.dlls installed on my disk. Still Opera is asking for flash player installation. Other browsers are running flash content fine. I checked the installed plugins in Opera's settings to enable the Flash player. It doesn't seem to be installed. Is there an option in creative cloud application to reinstall or update flash player? I don't want more than one flash players in my computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi asdfsdfasdfasdfasdf,

What is the OS, including version?

What version of Opera are you using?

Are the 8 NPSWF32.dll files in the following directories:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash

If so, please post a screenshot (How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the directory(ies).

Newer versions of Opera use the PPAPI Plugin (pepflashplayer_Version.dll).  Depending on what version of Opera you have this could be why it's prompting to install Flash Player.  If you have the latest version of Opera, launch Opera and navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.   The page will offer the appropriate version of Flash Player for the OS/browser combination.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I downloaded Opera yesterday. So, it must be the latest version.

No, none of the files are in any of those folders.

2015_06_23-005359.jpg

Opera directs me to that page but I didn't want to install another Flash player. Cause I think it will create a registry entry, or will add itself to startup or even the "open with" menu. I would rather copy files manually or not use Opera at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi asdfsdfasdfasdfasdf,

None of those NPSWF32.dll files are for the Flash Player plugin.  Flash Player installs to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash, and the Flash Player file name will be slightly different.  Based on what you've said thus far, you'll need to install Flash Player for Opera, which will install Flash Player to these two directories.  Once you install Flash Player for Opera, you'll have the following files in these two directories:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines