Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

East asian characters not displayed properly in the Index of the CHM file

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have created a CHM file using the RoboHelp  11 and translated the content into various languages. One issue we have noticed with east Asian languages was that, the Contents tab is showing the east Asian text properly but not in the Index tab. The east Asian text is not properly shown in the Index tab and in the search results too. But when seen from the RoboHelp development environment, every thing is shown properly. Is there anything more to be configured to make the index show the content properly? we have configured the languages also as per the translated content.

Regards,

Janardhanan.R.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that nobody has replied for this question. To provide more clarity regarding the issue, please refer to the attached image which can show the problem. Instead of displaying the Chinese characters, the Index pane simply shows some garbled characters which is the real issue. When I opened the .hhk file in the notepad, I was able to see the index text properly displayed using Chinese characters. What could be the reason behind the issue?

Thanks,.

Janardhanan.R. sample.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janardhanan,

CHM is dependent on system locale.

If CHM is generated on Chinese locale system then it shows chinese characters in Index and Search.

Let me know if you face any issues in generating that.

Thanks

Nitika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it mean that for different languages to be supported, we have to install that particular language version of the operating systems and build the project? Or alternatively configure the system locale to that particular language and then build the project?

I noticed that in when we let the IDE generate the index, it is shown properly in development environment. Only the built CHM file doesn't show the east Asian characters.

May be we will try configuring the system locale to any of the east Asian languages and build the CHM and see.

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Janardhanan,

Kindly refer to the below mentioned blog:

RoboHelp: Recommendation for creating localized Microsoft HTML help which is not fully Unicode compl...

Thanks

Nitika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp