Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player download: download manager is blank

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm running in circles here trying to find a solution - not getting anywhere...

I'm trying to update my Flash Player for Firefox on Win7.

When I download the installer and the Adobe Download Manager opens, it shows nothing and is blank, nothing happens.

Here a screen shot:

Flash Player Download Manager.JPG

I have tried uninstalling Flash Player, but the same thing happens when reinstalling.

JavaScript is active, I've checked that. Any other solutions I have googled don't apply.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

WE HAVE A WORKAROUND:

Apparently, the Adobe engineers that popped into my computer and discovered the problem did not post the workaround...

So here it is:

1. Right click on the downloaded installer and select "Properties"

2. Select the "General" tab

3. At the very bottom, you will see a section called "Security" with the following text:

"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer."

4. Click the "UNBLOCK" button to the right of that text.

5. Click "OK"

6. Run

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mozi2015,

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  I'll forward this to the folks who handle the online installer.  To help us troubleshoot further, please provide the 2 log files saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs using the instructions here How to share a document.  In the mean time, you can use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.  There are three install files.  If you use multiple browsers you'll want to install the ones for the browsers you use.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

thanks for the quick answer.

There was only one log file in the ADMLogs folder: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/51ab9773-289f-4ca7-af6a-fbf79af5841e

Mona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mozi2015,

Thank you for providing the Adobe_ADM.log file. I do see an error in the file and will forward it to the online installer team for review.

@loduswars,

What OS, including version, are you observing this behaviour on?

Please provide the 2 log files saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs using the instructions here How to share a document.

@Mozi2015, and loduswars,

Do either of you use a proxy server, configured either via the browser or a .pac file?

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly this problem with Win 7 Home Premium SP 1  64-bit.  Machine has 16GB installed RAM  Below is link to my uploaded ADMlogs folder

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dakabero,

Thank you for providing the log file.  I'll forward it to the online installer team for further review.  Where you able to successfully install using the offline installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the interim, our offline installers should get you going. Links to the offline installers are at the bottom of the guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having the exact same problem on my windows 7 so maybe though multiple people having this issue we can get an anser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem... This post is definitely not to be considered "Answered" until Adobe fixes this..  Have had this issue for a long while now.  Having to resort to the offline installers every time there is a new update to Flash AND Acrobat.  Really annoying.

Running Win 7 Professional 64-bit on a 15" Mid 2012 MacBook Pro with 16 GB RAM. No proxy configured, AND the installer works fine on Mac OS.  This problem is only affecting Windows users it seems.

Here is the LOG FILE: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Please fix this!  It has been going on for a couple of monthsnow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there's no "Waiting on Reply" status.  I abuse Assumed Answered so that the dozen or so people looking at posts don't all look at the same posts, because they would otherwise appear unanswered.  It lets us help a lot more people at once.  Once I respond to a thread, replies land in my email inbox, so they grab my attention for follow-up.

While I hear about the issue that you're describing occasionally, it's pretty rare.  With the old installer, it was actually related to graphics driver issue.  We completely changed installer technologies back in April -- the new installer was written by an entirely different group, and while the symptoms sound the same, I don't have enough data on the new installer to tell you that it's the same root-cause.

I'll pass along the logs to the installer team, thanks for taking the time to share them.  Hopefully we can get some traction on this.  In general, the problems that linger do so because there's some underlying issue that we're dependent on a third-party to resolve, or we simply lack sufficient data on how to reproduce it.  With 1.5 billion installed clients, anything conceivable that can go wrong does (and in every flavor of multiple, varying combinations), but this isn't something we're being inundated with reports about.  If there's anything that jumps out at you as being particularly unique, that might help.  Are you running BootCamp, VMWare or something else for Windows on your Macbook?

Just to confirm, is it the actual installer that's rendering blank, or is it the download webpage?  *That* issue is generally caused by anti-tracking or ad-blocking plugins -- ghostery, adblock plus, privacy badger, etc.  Those types of plugins will frequently block the hostname that serves the static javascript libraries, presumably because the same host serves the analytics libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeromie,

Thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions:

I am using BootCamp to run Win 7.

It is the Download Manager itself that is rendering the blank page... just like the original poster's screenshot.  The download webpage works just fine.

Only thing I can think of is that Adobe's installers were working fine until a few months ago when they stopped working out of the blue.  Since then, I have had to manually download the offline installers to update anything by Adobe.

Suggestion:  Have a link to the offline installers on the main download page as an option so people don't have to go searching all over your site for them.  Give the option right on that page to download a variety of installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi crp5591,

Thanks for sharing the info about bootcamp usage on your Mac. We will try to replicate the same environment and see if we can reproduce the issue. Otherwise are you willing to do a screen share session with Adobe engineers so that we can debug the issue on your machine and resolve it for you? You can select the time based on your convenience. 

Thanks,

Anindya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team,

Sure, I'll do a screen share session with your engineers.  Feel free to contact me via the email associated with my account and we'll set up a time.

-Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Carlos. I will contact you over email for setting up a time.

-Anindya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No se me descarga el FLASH PLAYER. Mi sistema operativo es Windos 7

Sistema de descarga Download.

[moderator: deleted personal information as per forums privacy policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this discussion topic.  it is 2 years old and has been marked correct.  The solution is still the same for this issue.  Every time a new comment is posted an auto-email is sent to everyone on the discussion.

If you have a new issue, not related to this topic, start a new discussion and provide the following information:

Do NOT post personal information (e.g. email, phone number).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same issue as the original poster. I'm running Win7 64-bit with Firefox v.39.0.

When I attempt to update Adobe Flash Player to the newly patched current version 18.0.0.209,

after I save & download the installer, give all permissions for it to run, the "Down Load Manager" just

sits there forever with an empty blank white window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WE HAVE A WORKAROUND:

Apparently, the Adobe engineers that popped into my computer and discovered the problem did not post the workaround...

So here it is:

1. Right click on the downloaded installer and select "Properties"

2. Select the "General" tab

3. At the very bottom, you will see a section called "Security" with the following text:

"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer."

4. Click the "UNBLOCK" button to the right of that text.

5. Click "OK"

6. Run the installer!!!

That's it!!!

Somehow file permissions get mucked up for some people and the installer can't cope with that.  Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking UNBLOCK for Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit on IE 11 does not work. This does nothing. The DLM still renders a grey screen as above, and no further processing occurs. Not even "run as administrator" works, (even though I am the admin account on this machine)

I cannot find ANY of the "uninstaller" apps, or "standalone installer" apps that are referenced throughout this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the suggestion above deemed "Correct Answer???? it does NOT WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to get the DLM install log files from you to investigate further.  Please do the following:

• Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  • There will be two files in this directory, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log
  • Upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document or some other file sharing service of your choice (that doesn't require a log in to access).
  • Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Also, what is the file name and version of the DLM installer that you are using?  To obtain the version, right-click on the DLM and select Properties and then the Details tab.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as the OP. The work around posted doesn't apply.

Dropbox - Public

I'm running Win7 Professional build 7601, tried downloading the update manager via Firefox, Chrome and IE with same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up on my message, I was able to update Adobe Flash Player by:

1. Going to CCleaner (3rd party program), Tools, Start-up, Windows; and enabling (previously disabled):

- AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0

- Adobe CS6 Service Manager

and

2. Going to Internet Explorer, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level

- click "Reset", choose default, restart browser

- re-download updater

and

3. Going to C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

- rename opm.db to opm_old.db

4. Close browsers and Adobe Creative Cloud Manager (if installed)

5. Reinstall Adobe Flash Player (finally worked!)

Not sure if all steps above are required, but this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that in your instance, resetting IE was what fixed you.

If there was a problem with IE's internal state, resetting it definitely could have helped.  It's destructive, so not something we're generally going to throw out in the initial troubleshooting steps.  It might send someone to their helpdesk if they're in a corporate environment where things aren't necessarily default, but it's not a bad idea, particularly for home users.  If you've accumulated any weird ad-ware or search bar stuff that might be conflicting with the Flash Player installation (I'm not aware of any at the moment, but it's within the realm of possibility), a reset will help purge those as well.

Flash Player is distinct from the Creative Cloud stuff, which is what you're describing in Steps 1 and 3.  It's very unlikely that those were in play in this scenario, and were most likely unnecessary.  I'm not an expert on the inner workings of the creative cloud installer, but that's primarily because it's unrelated to Flash Player from a technical perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines