Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot generate robohelp because CBT problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I have a problem when generating Robohelp. Everytime i run the HTML generator. They always hank and show error message like below:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: RoboHTML.exe

Application Version: 11.0.4.291

Application Timestamp: 54c7aa34

Fault Module Name: BuildTagExpr.dll

Fault Module Version: 11.0.4.291

Fault Module Timestamp: 54c7a5ac

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000178ba

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which RH version are you using and which output are your creating?

What happens if you remove the Conditional Build Expression from your output? Is it only limited to a specific CBT (or specific combination) or do you see the issue for every CBT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using RH 11, it happens only when i put CBT from my output, and yes, it is only for specific CBT and combination. I creating for single source layout Microsoft HTML Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does the same thing happen if you right-click the Single Source Layout pod and choose to create a totally brand new layout?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it still happens. I try to copy all of my file into new project, release and put my CBT back on my file, and also rename my CBT, but the problem is still exist. I assume that one of my file probably corrupt and make a crash, but how to find the exact corrupt file, if i have 1300 files. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking if it was a corrupt topic you would not be able to generate even without a build expression applied. You haven't said if the output has previously generated and has now stopped or whether it has never generated.

Try creating build expressions that only eliminate one tag and see if any of them cause a problem. Then try build expressions that bring in one more tag. The general idea being to find out at what stage of creating your output the process fails.

Post back with the results.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I already did and still error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to delete my cbt, but whenever i delete it, there always show me error message like below:

FYI, i already get latest the project and following files are be deleted for a long time ago.

11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention source control was in play.

I am not a user of source control but I think you need to break the link with source control and try again. I have seen cases where people report that a project is out of source control but when they have sent it to me, the link has not been broken. Sometimes you need to put the project on a machine that cannot see the source control repository so that it reports that and allows you to break the link. Perhaps then you can delete the tags and check it all back in as a new project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I already did all that you mention it.

1. I recreated my project on the local computer and disconnected from source control.
  2. I deleted all of tag which reported as error.
  3. I created new tag to replace the old tag one.
  4. I tried to generate again, and the result is same.

I didn't understand what the problem was still there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please share the project with us. We will investigate it further.

Thanks and Regards

Nitika Mangla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp