Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Adobe stopped support of ADE?

Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I connected with Adobe Customer care chat  requesting a reset for activation of Adobe Digital Editions so I can get a new I. The chat care reply stated that Adobe no longer supports Adobe Digital Editions. Without this reset I am unable to download borrowed library books from my PC to my new Samsung Nook table e reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

I received no reply. Once again: Has Adobe stopped support Adobe Digital Editions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received no reply. Once again: Has Adobe stopped support Adobe Digital Editions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem - no answer. I tried different times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess we can only commiserate together. The Adobe Customer Care is the poorest I have ever experienced. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe has stopped support all their free products. ADE, Adobe Reader etc. I had the terrible misfortune of contacting their chat on an issue with ADE. Here is part of the response I got:

We do have previous year records but your issue is regarding Digital editions and  Digital edition issues are not supported over chat and phones , they are only supported only on the forums.

Sadly, my problem never got dealt with and no answer is forthcoming for me. I truly believe it is time we, readers stop using ADE. There is no point to it when there is no help to be had from the 'manufacturer'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact problem you are facing ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your interest. I download borrowed library books to my PC. I then must download the selection from my PC to my new Samsung Nook Tablet 4 with a 10.1” screen which I use primarily as an e reader. I am legally blind. My previous e reader, a Kindle with a 9.7” screen, allowed me to select a font size that I can read.. Downloading borrowed books from my PC was simple. The port or the drivers on the Kindle are not functioning. Kindle no longer supports or sells that large screen product, so I opted for the Nook, a similar sized screen. In order to download borrowed books, I require an Adobe Digital Edition ID. Adobe stated I have an activated ID, or at least someone does in my name. I do not recall ever activating one. I requested, in Adobe Chat several times, to reset the Digital Edition activation account so I can get the required ID. It is required to allow me to connect to more than one computer; the Nook Tablet is another computer.

That is my dilemma. I shall discuss this with the local library, since it is their process. I can go to a Wi-Fi hot spot and download, but it is not convenient for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see a copy of my previous post below

I have not signed in to ADE in a very long time, perhaps a yr or more. Right after Adobe asks us to change our password when some sort of internet compromise happened. I think is was that Heart SSL thing.

Anyway I did the change and  had a new computer since all that. Since it's been a while I did not keep too close an attention on the old login (never dream I would end up with this problem now) so I am sure I have an old ID sitting somewhere in Adobe's records.

So now I thought it's time to check out my books in my Kobo Library with ADE and of all the books that ADE opened, it refused to open 16 of them because of: E_LIC_ALREADY Fullfilled by another user. Well the only use had ever and still is me. Kobo reset those books several times, I uninstall and reinstall ADE but its the same problem with those books.

Kobo suggested I contact Adobe and ask to have the licenses for those 16 books reset and or merge the old and new ids so I can get my books back.

I got onto Adobe Chat and I was nicely told, Adobe does not provide chat or phone support for ADE so I should come to the Forum; so here I am.  He did say this though:

We do have previous year records but your issue is regarding Digital editions and  Digital edition issues are not supported over chat and phones , they are only supported only on the forums.

Who will be able to help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please clarify the below queries.

• Did you changed the password of your old account?
  • Did you create a new Adobe account?
    • If yes, are you trying to fulfill the previously downloaded book using newly created account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, I have not had an old Adobe account, I tried to create a new account for the purpose of getting an Adobe Digital Edition account ID, without success. I have changed no passwords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Don' t know for sure if you were asking that question of me or douglasw...

to answer though, I felt I had different ID then (it's been a long time), at the very least I know I have changed pwords since. If I did have an older account can it be merged with the current one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to your old account you can join the accounts using Adobe eBook Platform - Account Synchronization

For more information, please refer to http://www.datalogics.com/pdf/doc/acs/JointAccountGuide.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll see where this takes me now.

That said, I would like to apologize to douglasw2047472 for the 'hijacking' of this thread. I only meant to reply to the question of Adobe no longer providing proper support for ADE.

Dominic, I do hope you or someone else will be able to provide a solution to douglasw2047472's issue.

best of luck all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you concern. Adobe may be the culprit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

douglasw2047472‌, had sent a PM regarding resetting activation for your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation. I guess I shall have to get a Wi-Fi account, or go to a hot spot to download borrowed library books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines