Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay on audio clip

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2007 Dec 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I’m really frustrated. It’s simple, when I have recorded an audio clip for one slide and played on the same slide, the clip always start with a .5sec´s of delay. It seems to be stocked for this .5 sec´s. Obviously at the end of the clip, the audio doesn’t finish properly no matter if I increase the length of the slide.
The funny thing is this: when I check it in the “edit audio” section, the clip seems to be perfect from the beginning to the end.

I don’t know what to do. I tried and tried but nothing works, I hope somebody can help me with this.

FYI: Now I have windows vista and a trial version of captivate 3.
I also have Captivate 1.0 and works O.K.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to submit a screenshot of the timeline and workspace when you're doing this?

Also, is this problem while playing in captivate itself, or when running a preview? I've experienced a similar thing where IE works fine, but firefox seems to ignore the start time and auto plays the background audio before everything else is loaded, and will quickly fall out of sync if it loads on time.

One thing you could try is to set an invisible text caption, highlight box or other object, and record audio in it. This will detach the audio from the slide itself and make it into an object that is not directly reliant on the slide timeline itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all and welcome to our community to both of you!

Just a wee bit of clarification on what Kailie Quinn suggested. What was said was:

One thing you could try is to set an invisible text caption, highlight box or other object, and record audio in it. This will detach the audio from the slide itself and make it into an object that is not directly reliant on the slide timeline itself..

If you do this with an existing slide containing audio, nothing will actually be "detached" per se. What will happen is that you will end up with an additional audio clip that will play when the caption appears. Audio may appear in 3 different "levels" in Captivate.

* Background - Normally begins when the movie begins, loops repeatedly and ends when the movie ends
* Slide - Often used to store the narration for the slide.
* Object - Almost any object supports additional audio.

You can actually end up with quite a cacophony if you manage to get all three levels playing simultaneously.

My concern with the reply offered was that one might think that by simply attaching or recording audio attached to a Caption, it would automatically remove any audio existing at the slide level. This isn't true.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, nor was it implied, thank you for the addition. Detached was meant to imply that it could be moved from slide to slide as you wish, not that it was detached from the project (though it can now easily be migrated to another project without invoking the import function).

Have any thoughts on the question I posted in the other thread? It's somewhat time consuming to have to redo the last .5 to 1.5 minutes of recording because captivate seems to randomly want to not record what is being played, this problem seems to be somewhat related. Only thing I notice any correlation to is that it seems to occur when captivate has no keystroke interaction directly targetted at it, or interceptable mouse motion (i.e. anything that intiates an event).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you booth,
Answering the first issue, the problem happen playing the audio in captivates itself, or running a preview.
Now I tried deleting the slide audio and recording a new one over an object, but the problem seems to begin when captivate tries to take the audio over the timeline, I mean, even if I move the audio clip or object with audio, when the playhead arrive to the beginning of the audio, it stops a little bit (.5 secs aprox) and then the playhead tries to win this time. I’m almost secure that the problem must be Windows Vista.

If you find something more about this, I’ll be appreciate.

Thanks…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the tips guys. Reading your posts has answered the same audio problem in my CP project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources