• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

phantom file

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my original created project there are a couple of files/pages that I cannot locate by name after "merging" another project with it. Someone noted I should locate the .cpd file, delete it and reopen my project as this will reload and fix the quirks. Hasn't happened. my homepage isn't the same (can't find it) and the two or three pages that needed to be overwritten are still showing up whereas my new pages aren't showing when using search function. The files seem to be "phantom" files - I need to make corrections and/or delete them from my project, but they aren't visible.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say: "my homepage isn't the same ." Can you explain that a little more?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My target homepage used to be a "welcome" page with specific links and the "post publication" page is a different "welcome" page. Nuts that I didn't think to name the two diffrerent from each other. I have the target default page as the correct one, but the "old" welcome page is what appears on the client side.

I've checked my default homepage on the backoffice side and then tried to look for the old page using the "print target / properties" on the client view WYSIWYG because the old isn't in my current project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would empty the folder to which I am generating my output, then generate a clean output. If that doesn't work, come back for some more abuse.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow Leon's suggestion and re-generate your project. Make sure to check the properties first!

File > Generate Project Layout...

On the first "WebHelp General" popup, select the correct "Default Topic" (the Welcome page you wanted) then "Next > Next > Next" - you should be on the window with "Servers and Options". Under "Options" select (check) "Republish all" then "Finish". After the project generates see if it is now what you expected.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, both. I did republish all, but didn't empty out the folder first. I'll give it a shot! Again, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp