• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The 18.0.0.194 installers actually install 18.0.0.160.

Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading from here: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

It says version 18.0.0.194 but after installing the one for Windows IE and Plugin based browsers, version 18.0.0.160 is actually installed.

So... what's up with that? 

Thanks,

Mark H.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Hi mrheadrick,

Based on the time stamp of your post you may have been trying to download 18.0.0.194 at the time it was being deployed and the clearing of the server cache to replace the old with the new was probably in progress.  Can you please try again (you may need to clear your browser cache)?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18.0.0.160 is the latest version of Flash Player.

You can confirm you have the latest version on the following link:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try downloading and installing "flash player 18.0.0.194" again.. "flash player 18.0.0.194" is available for downloading, now..

i recommend doing a clean install of "flash player", where you uninstall the old version of "flash player" before installing the new one..

i have heard of two cases, recently, where people were endlessly whining about flash player's crashing and found that, once they did a clean install of "flash player", where they uninstalled flash player and then reinstalled it, they no longer experienced any problems with it..

here is a webpage where you can download an "uninstaller" for uninstalling "flash player":

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrheadrick,

Based on the time stamp of your post you may have been trying to download 18.0.0.194 at the time it was being deployed and the clearing of the server cache to replace the old with the new was probably in progress.  Can you please try again (you may need to clear your browser cache)?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked before I came here and noticed it had changed. 18.0.0.194 is now installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrheadrick,

Thanks for confirming.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the MSI installer today from the distribution webpage for deployment via GPO. The MST file says it's version 18.0.0.194. I forced a GPO update on my windows 8.1 desktop, and Program and features shows a new Flash was installed,  but when I check it via Adobe - Flash Player it shows I have version 18.0.0.160.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MatthewBHuff,

Which browser are you using to check the version via http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/?

Beginning with Windows 8 Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer and updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Updates.  If you're checking the version using IE then you'll need to run Windows Update to update Flash Player in Internet Explorer.  Alternative to running Windows Update you can download the installer directly from the Microsoft Security Bulletin KB article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3074219.

If you're checking Adobe - Flash Player with a browser other than IE, please provide the FlashInstall.log file posted at the following locations:

• 32-bit: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log
  • 64-bit: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log AND C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrheadrick,

Based on the time stamp of your post you may have been trying to download 18.0.0.194 but Flash wasn't official pushed for release. Now all servers are updated, please feel free to download the latest version of Flash Player from Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe.

Thank you.

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines