Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Modes Disabled

Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently installed Captivate 3 and it worked fine for several days. Then it stopped letting me select the mode for recording. When I start a new project, I can select the screen size, but when the window with the recording options is displayed, the Recording Modes are dimmed. I can select whether I want Manual Mode or Full Motion Recording, but that is it. Demonstration Mode is checked and I cannot uncheck it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate but to no effect.

Has anybody had this problem and fixed it? Any idea where to look to correct it?

I have submitted the problem to Adobe, but am hoping to get a more immediate response.

Thanks!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008
Hi rmartin45 and welcome to our community

One thing you might wish to try is to reset the Captivate settings file. To do this, close Captivate and open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the following location: (Assuming Captivate 3 and a default installation)

C:\Documents and Settings\ UserName\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

In this location you should find a file named captivate_v30.dat. Delete this file and restart Captivate. (If you aren't comfortable deleting the file, simply rename...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rmartin45 and welcome to our community

One thing you might wish to try is to reset the Captivate settings file. To do this, close Captivate and open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the following location: (Assuming Captivate 3 and a default installation)

C:\Documents and Settings\ UserName\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Captivate

In this location you should find a file named captivate_v30.dat. Delete this file and restart Captivate. (If you aren't comfortable deleting the file, simply rename it so Captivate can't see it) Captivate should then rebuild a fresh version of the file.

Give that a go and let us know how you fare... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks so much for your reply.

That was indeed the answer and Captivate is back to nromal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources