• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in converting AS3 based swf file to mp4 file

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an actionscript 3 based swf file. To convert it into a .mp4 file in batch/command line mode, I am trying to use gnash to dump images at each frame. Later I will join those images with ffmpeg to create the mp4 file. However, I observed that the screenshots created are of the base content in the swf file and the changes in animation due to actionscript are not getting reflected in those screenshots.  I am using dump-gnash command on UNIX (Ubuntu). Is gnash capable of converting a actionscript based swf file? If not, are there any other ways/tools to achieve this in batch/command line mode?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

publish a swf and use capture video to create your mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks Kglad for your suggestion. Yes I already do that where I use a SWF to video converter - which essentially uses published SWF to create a MP4 video. However,  it is a manual process (bring up the tool, select the swf file and click convert). I have many SWF files (with actionscript) and hence I want to automate the process so that this conversion runs in the background. So I am exploring various tools...if I get the exact images on each frame (as a result of actionscript and not just base animation) then I can join those together to create video with ffmpeg. Or is there any already existing solution which helps me end-to-end in automating my SWF to MP4 video conversion? Please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this would work for you but there is a Export Movie as an MOV file from Flash. Under the File -> Export Movie options, you can pick a video format. It might not work because of your ActionScript. Not all AS code changes get picked up by this method of creating a movie file from Flash. The other option would be to have a desktop screen recorder application to record your actions on the desktop as video and you play the SWF file while your desktop is being recorded. Then you would just need to crop the video to the SWF window. Both options should probably be done in a raw format, like Animation, for the output file so you can compress it to your hearts content from a raw source. It will however give you much larger file sizes, so make sure you have a decent HDD if you try either of these options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines