• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting the following error message when trying to log into Digital Editions - "Connection error - Digital editions could not connect to activation server. Please check your Internet connection." Our Internet is up and running and still can't acces

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep getting the following error message when trying to log into Digital Editions - "Connection error - Digital editions could not connect to activation server.  Please check your Internet connection."  Our Internet is up and running and still can't access.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are facing this issue on Windows, Mac or iOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are facing this issue on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

I am also having this problem. Originally using 2.0, Windows 7 up until a little over a week ago when ADE said that it could no longer connect to the fulfillment server when I tried to return books so tried to deauthorize and reinstall, which yielded the Connection Error - Digital Editions... message. Authorizing with Windows firewalls completely down (exception didn't work) makes it go through to the authorizing step with the flashing green bar and the Please wait while your computer is being authorized, but it just keeps on flashing without ever going through. Tried 4.03 for an hour, uninstalled, restarted, tried with 2.0 and same thing.

The only thing that has changed recently in the computer environment is the installation of the Windows updates released this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try restoring internet explorer to default setttings:

Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.

Close Internet Explorer.Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

Reference: How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Now LAunch ADE and try to authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have IE installed on my computer. Previously and this time, I have used Mozilla Firefox. I have also tried downloading the 4.03 zip file and tried downloading from there just in case.

I installed ADE 4.03 on the same wireless home internet connection on a different laptop, Windows 8, and it successfully authorized. No fiddling with firewalls or anything. This rules out this being an ADE overall server issue or a home internet issue. That is not my computer though, so I'd really like help in figuring out how to make ADE work on this Windows 7 one.

In this case, what should I do?

Recap: ADE keeps giving the Connection Error message UNLESS it is being authorized with all firewalls down (firewall exception does not work) in which case, it never goes past the authorizing screen with the flashing green bar. Have tried in admin mode 2.0, 4.02, and 4.03. Was previously using 2.0. Recently only installed the Windows updates released this month; could try uninstalling them to see if that would help, but I'd like to figure out how to make ADE run without having to do without important Windows updates and potentially leaving the computer with other issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines