Flashplayer Installation auf Win XP

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Operating system version : Win XP SP3
  • Web browser and version : Mozilla Firefox v38
  • Flash Player version  : momentan: 17
  • Problem: nach dem Download des Installers bricht die Installation bei 40% ab- ich erhalte keine Gründe dafür genannt.
  • siehe Screenshot: Unbenannt.JPG

Shockwave Flash ist in den Addons unter Firefox aktiv, Browser wurde für die Installation geschlossen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Hi mf141179,

I have seen several reports of WinXP users having problems with the online installer, which you are using.  I'd like to get some log files from you, to forward to the online installer folks.  Please provide the following log files:

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log located at C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserID\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    • If you do not see the Local Settings folder it is hidden.  In the Tools menu, select Folder Options > View and select the 'Show hidden files and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mf141179,

Please hover your mouse over the error message.  A Tool Tip icon will display.  Please click on the Tool Tip to view the entire message.  Post the entire message in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no tooltip icon. when i hover the mouse over the message, i have this, which means translated: "installation failed, please click on 'finish" to receive more informations"

Unbenannt2.JPG

when i do so,  a new browser tab opens , with the following message:

Unbenannt3.JPG

once there, i hover the mouse over the yellow triangle icon with the exclamation point -> nothing happens, no further informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mf141179,

I have seen several reports of WinXP users having problems with the online installer, which you are using.  I'd like to get some log files from you, to forward to the online installer folks.  Please provide the following log files:

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log located at C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserID\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    • If you do not see the Local Settings folder it is hidden.  In the Tools menu, select Folder Options > View and select the 'Show hidden files and folders' item.  Click OK
  • FlashInstall.log file located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
    • If this is a 64-bit OS, there's another FlashInstall.log file at C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are required on a 64-bit OS
  • Upload all 3 files using the instructions posted here: How to share a document

In the mean time, the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section should work.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mf141179,

Thank You for sharing the logs, we are forwarding this case to the concerned team and waiting for their reply.

Please try downloading latest version of Flash Player for Mozilla from location - Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows‌, Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems like that the offline installer worked. now i have FP v18. nevertheless, information from my log files could be important for the future,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mf141179,

Great to hear the offline installer is working for you.

Yes, The case has been forwarded to the concerned Team and we are investigating the cause for this error. Thank you for providing us with the necessary information .

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines