• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i received an email that flash player updated to 18.0.0.194 64-bit. but i have 32-bit

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello , I received an email that Adobe Flash Player has an update. it shows updated to 18.0.0.194. when I went it to the Adobe site

there was an update for IE and Non IE. , but the IE update only shows 64-bit and I have 32-bit. is it an update for a 64-bit PC only ?

I have never seen that before. can you help ? thank you very much and it's no rush as I thought maybe you answer them in the order received. I appreciate your time.  : - )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

HI dbarajas,

Are you signed up to receive Adobe Security Bulletin and Advisory notifications?  If so, that may be the email you received, otherwise, as Piyush mentions, Flash Player does not send email notifications.

Flash Player is a single universal installer that installs on both 32- and 64-bit systems.  So the installer on the adobe.com site will install Flash Player on your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dbarajas,

Flash Player does not send any emails after updating to the latest version. Are you using Flash Player in your enterprise environment?

Can you please provide some information about the environment on which you are running Flash Player:

Operating System:

OS Bit :

Flash Player Type:

Please goto Flash Player Help Page, click on Check Now button and provide all the information.

Thanks,

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI dbarajas,

Are you signed up to receive Adobe Security Bulletin and Advisory notifications?  If so, that may be the email you received, otherwise, as Piyush mentions, Flash Player does not send email notifications.

Flash Player is a single universal installer that installs on both 32- and 64-bit systems.  So the installer on the adobe.com site will install Flash Player on your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria ,  i have been bombarded with emails. i made a human mistake. i thought i had a 32-bit

pc , but it's a 64-bit. when i went into the Adobe Flash Player site to download the correct new version there was nothing showing 32-bit. as i stated i made a mistake. where did i get the info that there was an update ? it was from FileHippo that sends updates to programs i have. i hope you received that your answer was correct. i know that it is important to you. i also received an email

from Pyiush asking me what enterprise environment. Maria , i don't even know what that is. ive had my PC for 10+ years and have been receiving email from FileHippo for a very long time. i had signed up with CNET to notify me , but they sent it with a lot of garbage that i didn't want or need. i am very sorry i caused all this inconvenience to everyone. i can assure you that was not my intention.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER. it was very much appreciated. take care , Don Barajas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dbarajas,

No worries, and no inconvenience.  We questioned the email you receive because the average user doesn't sign up to receive the Security Bulletin and Advisory emails, whereas enterprise customers (e.g. customers who license Flash Player for distribution within their company) do.  Also, there are always people out there trying to trick unsuspecting users into installing malicious Flash Player installers, and we don't like/want that to happen.

If you want to be kept informed of Flash Player updates, I recommend signing up for the Security Bulletin and Advisory emails (Security Bulletins and Advisories‌. Unfortunately, you can't filter by product, so by signing up you would get emails for all Adobe products.  When you receive a notification go to adobe.com to download the installer.  This is the only official, legitimate, location to download Flash Player from. Adobe can't guarantee the validity of installers downloaded from any other site.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines