• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl-key attribute pop-up blocks Ctrl-key sequences

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the structured view, FrameMaker 12 has a "nice" feature that shows an attribute pop-up dialog when the pointer is over an element and the Ctrl key is pressed. This is especially handy for changing attribute values on the fly.

However, I put "nice" in quotes because it's actually more annoying than useful in its current implementation. Right now, if the pointer is over any element tag, the pop-up appears immediately when the Ctrl key is pressed. If you are trying to use some key sequence, like Ctrl-X, Ctrl-Shift-H, etc., the dialog blocks that action. This makes it very difficult to use Ctrl-X/Ctrl-V to rearrange elements around, because the dialog is constantly blocking the actions. I end up having to juggle the mouse and the keyboard to move the pointer off elements as I select them, then use hotkeys. I'm amazed this one made it through whatever usability testing was performed for FrameMaker 12!

Can you please find an implementation that allows Ctrl-key sequences to still work when the pointer happens to be over an element?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is driving EVERYONE in our group crazy. Please fix this or let us know a workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines