Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked word files

Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I have lost my desire. Added 15 linked word files. RH stopped working. Project can be opened but not closed again. Cannot create any SSL. After deleting the database (.cpd) and reopening, the same situation.

Conclusion: RH cannot be used for complex word projects.

Are there any alternatives on the market?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried experimenting with imported Word content (instead of linked)? Maybe that would behave better. There’s always Flare out there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - this was my first approach. But then in - my case - I need to prepare all documents in word first, which requires another programming language, what I wanted to avoid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not following you – what “programming language” are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does not really matter anymore, as I almost gave up the idea using RH for my "word to help" project. I was developing the whole import procedure with JSX under RH. But when I have to move back to Word, I need to use VBS again, which I wanted to work around. There is just a small chance left, probably RH2015 supports more than 10 word files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp