• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not register on Windows 7.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for weeks to get Flash Player working, but keep getting caught up in your (less than helpful) help loop. Nothing I can do will make it register. I've tried every suggestion I've seen on the net, and nothing... Really, really disappointed and upset at Adobe. I cannot access my own website for the demand to update Flash Player covering the site!FLASH ERROR.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following Adobe link. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?" and click on the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no. brought me back to the 'help' loop.

Best regards.

Ken Matthews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I can no longer get Virgin TV on the go anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennmatthews,

Please provide the FlashInstall.log file located at:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash - both files are required from a 64-bit OS

Please upload the files using the instructions posted here: How to share a document

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

I think I've uploaded correctly, here's the link.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/e6f87ef5-cf82-4de5-9d53-360057692819

Hopefully you can help.

Best regards.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennmatthews,

Flash Player ActiveX Control (Flash Player for IE) is failing due to a permissions error on a file and/or registry key. Please see the FAQ How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?‌

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

I've done that 5 times, 5 times it tells me that flash player is installed.

I open up my IE browser, which should take me directly to my own website.

However, it's still covered with the Flash Player update banner, despite

having restarted my computer. Honestly, this has gone on so long I could

scream...

Best regards.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennmatthews,

Sorry, I'm confused.  Your screenshot displays a registration error and the log file provided includes the associated error for a failed ActiveX Control registration. Is Flash Player currently installed?  Please go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html‌ and click on the Check Now button.  Please post a screenshot of the results.

As for IE browser being 'covered with the Flash Player update banner', please post a screenshot of the entire browser window (including the address bar).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thank you for your message. I’ve attached the screenshots you asked for, I’ve also included a screenshot of my program files showing Flash player installed, even though your software says it isn’t.

Best regards.

Ken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennmatthews,

There are no screenshots posted. If you replied via email, the forums don't accept email attachments.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

It seems nothing is easy with Adobe, I've been trying to get this sorted, seems like forever, and got nowhere. I'm doing my very best to carry out your requests, but am now told I'm not allowed to send by email, so how? I've been told that my inability to get Virgin TV on the go, which I had no problem with until this showed up is also down to this same "bug". Really frustrating.

Best regards.

Ken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennmatthews,

You can post the files using the forums, not email.  The email will have a link to 'View the full discussion'.  Click on the link and it'll launch the browser to the discussion (you'll most likely need to log in first).  Once there, reply and post the screenshots.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Here are the screenshots, hopefully. I might add that the last screenshot, which shows my website blocked by the flashplayer banner for months, has now been cleared (since this discussion).

Best regards.

Ken.Flash player.jpgFlash player installed in program files.jpgWebsite covered.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Can you please try Uninstalling Flash Payer from you system Uninstall Flash Player | Windows, ‌using the windows uninstaller  and reinstall from Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page for IE.

Please let me know if this solves the problem temporarily, but we would like you to stay with us on this issue as we want to investigate the actual reason thats troubling you.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kennmatthews,

In addition to performing a clean install (Piyush's recommendation), if you have not done so yet, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried (many times) all of the suggestions here and they do not work!

However, I've also been having trouble with MS Outlook, which would not allow me to open any link in an email. I was given a possible solution, and here it is: windows 7 - Google Chrome has taken over all HTML handling... - Super User since I followed the advice and adjusted the regedit to htmlfile everything has started working! Now, I'm not saying that's the definitive answer, but... I am up and running again. It's also interesting to note that "Virgin TV on the go" will definitely NOT work with Chrome at all. Dare I suggest that all of these problems have been inflicted on us, with your associating Chrome with your Flash Player?

My problems all started with trying to download the new Flash Player (in order to clear the banner off my website), and not noticing that 'Chrome' was downloaded at the same time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kennmatthews,

It seems Virgin TV on the Go does not support the Chrome browser.   Not sure exactly which URL you are using, but when I go to http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/‌ using Chrome browser it returns the following:

Capture.JPG

When I go to the Technical Requirements page it states:

Desktop and laptop computer minimum specifications

Microsoft

Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1
IE9 or higher
Firefox 3 or higher
Adobe Flash Player Flash 11.4 or higher

Apple

OS X 10.5 or higher
Firefox 3 or higher
Safari 5 or higher
Adobe Flash Player 11.4 or higher

NOTE: Google Chrome is not supported on Windows PCs or Apple Macs

It's possible that Virgin TV is using the NPAPI plugin and Google is deprecating the NPAPI plugin and using the PPAPI plugin.  I'm not familiar with Virgin TV player and can't say for sure.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines