• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC - I can't import camera profiles and presets

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was trying to import some presets and a camera profile in Lr CC I have on my computer without success. I exported the presets from the same Lr version I have on my laptop (both computers are Mac) and I tried to import them as usual but it didn't work. About the camera profile, I created it with Xrite Colorchecker Passport and used it on my laptop and then I needed to pass it to my IMac but I couldn't. I followed the path Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > Camera Profiles but no way, so I tried with Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > Camera Profiles > Camera > Canon EOS 5D Mark II but still no results. Does anyone know what I did wrong? With the previous versions I had no problems. Thank you for your help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-5-default-locations/

LR 6/CC uses the same locations, which are different than LR4 and earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-5-default-locations/

LR 6/CC uses the same locations, which are different than LR4 and earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatly it works with Camera Raw but not with Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you want the user Library; not the System Library.

Macintosh HD >> Users >> 99jon >> Library >> Application Support >> Adobe >> Camera Raw >> CameraProfiles

Substitute your own user name for mine

Launch Finder and click Go whilst holding down the Opn (Alt) key and choose Library.

For custom presets:

Macintosh HD >> Users >> 99jon >> Library >> Application Support >> Adobe >> Lightroom >> Develop Presets >> User Presets

Quit & re-launch Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice! The path was right for the Presets!

About the camera profile, I tried with both Libraries (User and System) but it doesn't work. I can see the new profile just in Camera Raw, not in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of files are you using?

.dcp files go in the CameraProfiles folder.

.lcp files go in the LensProfiles folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a .dcp and trying to import it in Camera Profiles folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct location for user camera profiles:

Mac—Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles

Are you sure you trying to apply it to a raw file and not a JPEG, which uses Embedded only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as 99jon mentioned you must close LR and then relaunch LR before you will see new profiles moved into the user folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for all your advices! I tried ask Adobe Support and they gave me this link to Kost's blog. With that path it finally worked good! Where does Lightroom Install Camera and Lens Profiles? « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link is for LR4.2 not LR 6/CC.

With LR 4.3 and later the proper folder location changed:

Custom camera profiles have stopped appearing in LR4.3/ACR 7.3

What version of LR are you adding the camera profiles to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC but the path written in Kost's blog is the only one that solved the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help others with the same issue who land here–What folder location did you actually place the ColorChecker Passport camera profiles into that worked in LR CC?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! Thank you so much! I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. I'm new to Mac and had no idea that there were two versions of this folder location.

Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines