• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player on computer NOT on Firefox add-ons...

New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Win7, Firefox & IE9.  Have most current version Flash according to your site check.  Two surveys won't let me access them because of Flash Player problems:

1) The Firefox problem started 5-20-15...Click to Start survey, but stays on page; goes nowhere.  Firefox shows no add-on, but it is on my computer.  The survey people said it's a Flash Player problem.  Need to get it to show there.

2) Have different Flash problem when using IE9 to access the above surveys...go to survey, click to Start. Get page saying I need to download the current Flash Player...which I already have.  I go to download Flash again, but shows I already have latest version.  Go back to page, but can't go further.

Help please...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've moved your question to the Using Flash Player forum, as it's unrelated to our beta program.

The Flash Player for Internet Explorer is distinct from the Flash Player for Firefox.  They use fundamentally different browser plug-in architectures, and are effectively completely different pieces of software.

Please make sure you have a current version of Firefox installed, then from Firefox, go here:  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Download the latest Flash Player for Firefox, then run the installer and follow the instructions and complete the installation.

Exit Firefox and re-launch it.

If Firefox is still not detected, type "about:plugins" in the address bar, and confirm that it is listed.  Make sure that it's listed.

If it is, the this tends to be an issue involving third party anti-tracking or ad-blocking plugins.  You can disable all add-ons but Flash by going to Firefox > Help > Restart with Add-Ons disabled.  If this resolves the problem, then it's self-inflicted and you'll need to identify the plugin or plugins that you've installed that are preventing web pages from invoking Flash Content.  Some off-brand anti-virus products also interfere with the normal operation of Flash, and many of them must be completely uninstalled (simply disabling them won't work).

If you're still stuck, you might look at performing a clean install of Flash Player, and it's probably a good time to either reset Firefox to factory settings, or uninstall and replace it with a fresh copy of the latest version:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Alternatively, Google Chrome includes Flash Player as a built-in component of the browser.  There's never anything separate to download or update, so it's much easier to deal with in general.  Flash Updates are delivered directly through Chrome's automatic updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines