Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

8 lines of font names on topic pages after importing a winhelp project

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When importing a winhelp project (.hpj) we are getting an 8 line paragraph of nothing but font names at the top on the majority of our topic pages. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if there is a way to remove these font names during import (i.e. an import setting of some sort?) so we don't have to manually edit and remove the font names from each topic page.Or maybe a global way to remove the font names after importing?

Thanks

Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose you are still creating WinHelp from the old project. If so, I'd say try importing the HLP file instead of the project HPJ file. The thing is, the stuff you are seeing is what is lurking inside the Microsoft Word documents that were used for the older project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help but wonder if this problem is related to a known issue with CHMs. See Item 5 at Snippets

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thanks for the reply! I will check this out over the weekend. I think we have narrowed it down to being the different versions of MS word being used over the years in this project.The newer .docx files seem to be the word files that have the font names when imported opposed to the older .doc files. I'm still quite new to RoboHelp, and looking at the answer from the link you gave me, Minchou reported "I found a kludge that solves my problem in the short term: Insert a manual page break before the first topic in the document." If I'm following this right, it might just be easier for me to remove these 8 lines on each topic page in RoboHelp opposed to editing each individual document and inserting a page break.

Again, thank you for the reply, and have a good weekend.

Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I will look into this over the weekend. I did import the .hlp opposed to the .hpj, and the font names are still at the top of most topic pages. Because this help project has been around for a long time, different versions of MS Word have been used to edit these over the years, and it seems that only the latest version of word, or the .docx files, are the ones with the font names in the beginning. I will know more after this weekend. Again, thank you for the reply and concern.

Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp