• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Hotspots: How Do I Insert Raw HTML?

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2007 Dec 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create hotspots for most (if not all) of my procedure titles. The hotspots work fine, but the hotspot text (drop-down Text Editor) can't be written in raw HTML. Is there a workaround? If not, is there a way for me to apply hotspots to specific HTML tags?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2007 Dec 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content of the dropdowns appears immediately below the body tag for the page. You should be able to locate the dropdown there and work in html via the true code / html view of the topic.

Is there a reason you need to do this via the html rather than WYSIWYG?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 28, 2007 Dec 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, besides what Peter said, the content of your hotspot is at the top of the body area, but note that RH has assigned an ID to that content. That ID is called where your popup link has been placed in the topic.

When editing the HTML in TrueCode mode, always be careful not to mix up those numbers if you have multiple hotspots in the same topic.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can totally see how I could confuse the IDs as the location of the drop-down text is in a very strange location in the html. Also, I have multiple drop-down hotspots in the same topic. Thank you for the warning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! I didn't look in that location as I was expecting the tag somewhere else. Thank you! I like the html/code view because I can see what's going on. The editor doesn't format as I expect sometimes, so I just prefer correcting the html rather than fight with the editor. Since my drop-down text includes nested lists, I'd just prefer to write in raw html. If I just had a para for drop-down text, then I'd use the editor because the editor seems to get that stuff right. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp