• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I run the network for my family. We have 8 computers running Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Oh and android and Linux (various flavours) I'm having trouble with the latest update on the XP machine Some of us favour Firefox and some Chrome - so I run both on,

Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the network for my family. We have 8 computers running Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Oh and android and Linux (various flavours) I'm having trouble with the latest update on the XP machine - from 18.0.0.160 to 18.0.0.194, it fails at 50%, yes I tried 10 times. So l checked for 'full' downloads and there's separate downloads for Firefox and Chrome - some of us favour Firefox and some Chrome - so I run both on, mostly, all machines. My question is "do I really need 2 installations of Flash player on all the (windows) machines!?! and will that even work". Of course I have a second question "is there an installation program for all our windows computers", yours 'confused' of IT land

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops; sorry, my first post here - so I've "messed up" the formatting vis-a-vis the subject and question.
I hope you can make sense of it and that I'm not alone with these issues.
Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spa innit

If you are using Firefox - You need to Install the NPAPI Flash Player for Firefox and If you are using Chrome - You don't need any installer as Flash Player is part of the Chrome Installer (& Updater) itself. for more information please refer Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

I am sorry but Flash Player is not supported on any mobile device (Android, Blackberry, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

NOTE: for Windows 8.x IE, Flash Player is shipped with the Widows Updates only so no extra installers there as well. for any OS below Win8.x you need to install Flash Player separately from the above page.

Hope this solves your problem.

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Piyush,

Let me see if I've got this right in the form of a question!

"Is there just one Flash Player installer that will cover all versions of Windows for all browsers that I can download to distribute across all my network machines (I've applied for a 'distribution' licence, again)?"

thanks again (and to anyone else with any input on this ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spa innit,

Yes we have different installer for different browsers.

For IE,

• Windows XP to Windows 7 we have the Flash Player for Internet Exporer - ActiveX‌
  • Windows 8 & 8.1 Flash Player is installed and updated as part of Windows update only, Kindly keep Windows 8.x updated to keep Flash Player updated

For Mozilla

For Opera and Opera Developer

For Chrome

• Flash Player is part of Chrome installer and updated via chrome updates only, Kindly keep your Chrome updated to keep Flash Player updated

For a distribution environment you will be required to create a specific configuration on your server machine containing all the upgrade files. Your slave machines will have to configured to point to your server machine for any update instead of your adobe server. but you will have to place the latest files on your server manually. Also, you will receive a detailed support on setting up server configuration and slave configuration once you receive a distribution license.

I personally recommend to set Flash Player to recommended settings for update to automatically update itself with every new update,

sample.png

once in a while you will get a pop up to upgrade using our online installer which is mostly for our major releases, rest others will be pushed to your system automatically when you are online.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines