Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfloop

Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i need to loop through a query then set the MesID each time i loop through, just want to make sure this code will work!! i need it to delete the current record at the end of the loop

<!-- GET INFO FROM MESSAGE TABLE-->
<cfquery datasource="#application.ds#" name="GetMessages">

<!-- LOOP THROUGH MESSAGE TABLE-->
<cfloop query="GetMessages">
<cfset CurrentID = GetMessages.MesID>

<!-- INSERT INTO TABLE HERE-->

<!-- THEN DELETE CURRENT MESSAGE HERE-->
<cfquery datasource="#application.ds#" name="GetMessages">
DELETE FROM Message_Table
WHERE MesID = #CurrentID#
</cfquery>

</loop>
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probably do it without a loop, but without seeing the initial and insert queries, it's hard to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... deleting a row while your pointers are actively looking at it? That's an enqueing conflict. In essence you're attempting to delete [read: write on] your row while you have it locked in "share" mode. It depends upon your database... Some will simply change your privileges to "write" and complete the update; others will give you a stream of warning messages, but perform the update anyway, and still others will stop the update altogether.
[Basically it's NOT a good habit to get into!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm assuming you are trying to copy from 1 table to another...and then deleting from the orginal. If so, try this...(only 1 delete vs. many deletes)

(Keep in mind, you should use <CFTRANSACTION> in case an insert or delete fails midway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation