Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External topics don´t refresh CHM

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are having problems when we update external chm files which are referenced form another chm. It seems that only the time when the link is created that the external chm is copied inside the |SSL| folder. We have been looking for a setting to ask RoboHelp for updating the referenced chm files each time the chm is generated, but with no luck.

We would much appreciate if someone could help us with this issue.

Regards,

Jose Antonio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2008 Jan 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a while since you posted this, but since nobody answered you - here is some information:

The HTML Help compiler will copy external files into your .chm file if they are in your project folder - even if they are not in your project! I consider this an awful bug but some people look at it as a great feature. In either case it is something you need to be aware of and live with.

As a help author, if you copy the external file into your project folder to test the link (a sensible thing to do, no?) it will then get compiled into your project unless you remember to remove it before compiling. If it gets compiled into your project, the help engine will look there first when the user tries to access it and get the old file rather than the updated one in their folder. So, in short, do not copy the external files into your project folder. If RoboHelp is doing this automatically I suspect you are not creating the link properly.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think this is just the way RoboHTML works. Whenever I update a subproject, I recompile the subproject, then copy the subproject's CHM file and paste it in the !SSL! folder of the main project. Then I recompile the main project and test the changes. Kind of a pain, but it works.

-Trip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp